Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Freezing in Dungeons

XtraGamer
XtraGamer
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone,

Ever since yesterday evening I've had the game freeze on me repeatedly through dungeons - this has happened about 15 times altogether now. When the freeze happens the whole screen just stays frozen, it doesn't give me an error message or take me anyway. I've tried leaving it for about a minute, but nothing happens so I exit the game via my PSN menu and reload back into the dungeon... Only for it to happen again in say, 10 minutes time.

I've never had this game freeze on me before, so I'm a bit perplexed about the cause. I've tried deleting the save data, restoring default settings to my PS4, and rebuilding the database to no avail. I've currently deleted the game data, and am reinstalling it at the moment, but I wanted to check if anyone else had been experiencing similar issues. I've found a few posts in the past about similar things, but no-one has ever really provided a solution.

I'm on a PS4 Pro playing on the EU server.

Thanks in advance!
  • XtraGamer
    XtraGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm it still happens even after I've reinstalled the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @XtraGamer

Thank you for letting us know that reinstalling ESO on your PS4 has not helped with the freezing in dungeons. At this point we recommend starting a ticket with customer support for further help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Autodidactician
    Autodidactician
    Soul Shriven
    I have had a similar issue on ps4 NA with my stamina NB recently (this past weekend, July 4th and 5th and again today July 10th) and have sent in a ticket through the in game bug report feature. The game graphics completely freeze, but sound keeps going. I can hear sound fx for enemy abilities right at the moment of the freeze and the music keeps playing. Like the OP, waiting does nothing and the ps4 gives no error message. I have to close the game by using the PS menu to close application and relaunch only to have it happen again. It always seems to happen right when abilities are cast by both my character and the enemy simultaneously. Additionally, it almost always happens for me against strong enemies. Here are some situations that have caused the issue:
    1. Dragonhome Delve in W. Skyrim - against the air elemental on the bridge (only non-boss enemy). This only happened once and other air elementals in the dungeon did not trigger the issue.
    2. Labyrinthian Public Dungeon in W. Skyrim - Against Garneld the Hollow boss. I was able to eventually play through the battle after I had to reload 3 times from the issue. I have not been back to see if the issue happens again.
    3. Boralis Dolmen - Against Greater Lich
    4. Maelstrom Arena Normal - Against Voriak Solkyn in the Theater of Despair. Specifically when he uses the ability that shoots a flaming skull at the player while you have to attack the animus crystals above the arena in the second phase of the fight. This happens every single time the ability is used against me. I had the game freeze in this manner 5 times in a row last weekend and again today on the first try.