The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow debuff on nightblades?

Sosderosii
Sosderosii
✭✭✭
Is there a hidden debuff on nightbaldes that makes them extremely easy to be killed in PVP np matter what you do?

I made mine in Heavy armor, Pariah set, health enchantments, defensive traits, defensive and healing skills.
The result: No damage neither tank. It's killed in PVP almost instantly and can't do ***.

Why does this happen with this class but not any other, is it cursed?
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    It is called [snip] self-healing. No matter how much mitigation you have, it is useless without self-healing to back it up. And guess which class has the worst self-healing in the game in PvP?

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 12, 2020 1:50PM
    Options
  • Sosderosii
    Sosderosii
    ✭✭✭
    It is called [snip] self-healing. No matter how much mitigation you have, it is useless without self-healing to back it up. And guess which class has the worst self-healing in the game in PvP?

I tried using dark cloak, refreshing path, swallow soul, rapid regeneration and some defensive skills and still plain garbage.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 12, 2020 1:50PM
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sosderosii wrote: »
    Is there a hidden debuff on nightbaldes that makes them extremely easy to be killed in PVP np matter what you do?

I made mine in Heavy armor, Pariah set, health enchantments, defensive traits, defensive and healing skills.
    The result: No damage neither tank. It's killed in PVP almost instantly and can't do ***.

Yeah it's the "balance" debuff. That is where one class gets the crap treatment for a while, while others get obviously OP buffs and stay OP for a while and then they get nerfed worse than the classes that were previously crap-tier, and the cycle continues while players pretend they are getting any stronger than they were before any "balancing" because of the changes.
    Options
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka NB to at least have a minimum of enjoyment, it's a must unfortunately to have BRP Resto, but even with it you will face problems.

It will make it easier, give a try, but won't make you immortal.
    Edited by Ecfigies on June 12, 2020 3:51PM
    Options
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max mag build with dampen magicka and 30+ into bastion, troll king, eternal vigor, potentates jewelry (not all at once if you want to ever kill anything)...gotta get creative if you want to survive on a magblade. Problem is too much survivability and then you won't kill anything either, it's why I don't really suggest heavy or sets like buffer.

Shade is your best bet though if you don't have cloak (or even if you do have it). Trying to just facetank often ain't gonna go well, you gotta maintain distance as much as possible between you and the person trying to smash you with a big sword.

Use LOS, shade around a rock, do whatever you gotta do. Magblade survivability, quite simply, comes from out playing your enemy. Juke them with your shade, LOS their attacks, keep your HoTs rolling constantly and your major resolve up, and hope for the best.
    Edited by JayKwellen on June 13, 2020 12:11PM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
    Options
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    As a Stam user, healing is completely crap. 18.5k Vigor tooltip crit healing for 2kish non crit for less.

Since everyone in PvP is grouped up or zerging means you actually can't play Solo unless you have higher HR or sets to give health back such as Scourge Harvester for heal and Maj Mending.

If you thought PvP was unbalanced and poor performance pre greymoor, it's worse. Game stuttering constantly everywhere you go, especially in Maelstrom when the game stutters after every add you kill....
    Stamblade Main.
    Options
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok... first it's speed. You need lots of speed. 5 medium 2 heavy. Pariah chest and legs. Darloc brae and bloodspawn. 1 bow and 1 2 hand weapon. On bow side concealed weapon nightblade ability necessary. Swift all jewelry and Race Against Time also on bow side.

The reason your dying is because heavy armor. It doesn't help with things like roll dodge. Always before you cloak, roll dodge. I almost never die on this build and when I do it's not the builds fault...lol
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is cursed. Or at least thats what the legends say.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tried using dark cloak, refreshing path, swallow soul, rapid regeneration and some defensive skills and still plain garbage.

Once upon a time, magblades had a unique strength to keep themselves afloat via the self healing attrition approach. They were able to joust so long as they could maintain swallow soul, and siphoning strikes ticks while fighting around their refreshing path. Then over time zos insisted they be neutered. Strife was "too good", refreshing path was "too loaded".

At the very *** least zos, give magblades minor vit back on swallow soul and the damage back on refreshing path. And frankly, at this point, revert siphoning attacks back to its pre morrowind state.

And as someone who has successfully been a career magblade healer in pvp since this games very inception, this patch is a huge spit in the face and reeks of a fundamental misunderstanding from the current dev team.
    Options
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviosly NB has been designed as an assasin type class - these usually lack defensive/healing toolkins as a tradeof for burst damage. Literally every mmo has same type of class, Problem is - NB's burst potential has been nerfed, so he has the same def/healing capability and also crap damage with castable ultumate (lul).

I'am still laughting how an assasin class has to perform FIVE light attacks to trigger instant ability that must be kept in combat (LOL), meanwhile classes like sorc gains it as passive chance proc.
    Edited by Tammany on June 14, 2020 6:19PM
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a post on the forms called the "Iron Cannon" nightblade build. Google it and read it...again and again...probably the deepest post ever on NB.

It is talking about a stam blade build and I'm not sure whether this post is referring to stam or magica blade.

But I've been taking my stam blade out and he isn't dying much more than any other build.

Playing NB is hard. To do it right, you have to know how to use cloak and shade for starters. You have to know when to dodge roll. I'm not very good with shade yet. NB is one of my alts and has much less playtime. You have to realize that you need to refresh cloak even when you aren't in danger, to trigger the passive that buffs your resists.

There are a lot of other NB passives that are important and you have to learn about.

The Relentless focus skill also takes a lot of practice. I don't think it works without a bow build. But the upside is it gives you damage mitigation for the duration, 10% which is more than minor protection. Also you have a full minute to get your 5 LA. But when you do, Assasins scourge can hit hard.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Brigadier
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Cloaks minor protection hasnt been working for some months..ive reported it, but we might see a fix during 2021..

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is in bad spot right now. It received to many nerfs last year. The whole Elsweyr update was basically devoted to "Nightblade Redundancy removal" (Yep, ZOS used that term for NB nerfs).

It was so obvious that even people who tested Necromancer (new class) on PTS and were not NB mains were annoyed by that. The patch was focused more on NB than on making Necromancer playable lol.

But, the problem is that NB simply had a lot of stuff outright removed (because it had a lot of similar buffs in various class skills). And ZOS did not gave NB anything in return. Class lost a lot of its overall pros, and later on - even identity.

It came to a point that NBs simply started using weapon / guild / world skills instead of their own class skills, as those are simply better variants of what NB has in its toolkit. And even according to ZOS - non-class skills are supposed to be inferior to class skills and serve as a "supplement" if your class is lacking something in its toolkit. In case of NB, this rule simple does not apply.

Right now, stam NB is probably the worst stam class variant, and mag NB is the worst mag class variant.

The only way you could do something as a NB in PvP is probably (sadly) to make a stealth potato build, avoid fights and leach AP. NB class is simply no longer competitive vs average player, let alone experienced one.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Obviosly NB has been designed as an assasin type class - these usually lack defensive/healing toolkins as a tradeof for burst damage. Literally every mmo has same type of class, Problem is - NB's burst potential has been nerfed, so he has the same def/healing capability and also crap damage with castable ultumate (lul).

I'am still laughting how an assasin class has to perform FIVE light attacks to trigger instant ability that must be kept in combat (LOL), meanwhile classes like sorc gains it as passive chance proc.

Nightblades are not nor have they ever been inherently exclusively an assassination class. It was one aspect of them.
    Options