Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Excavation issue - if attacked while excavating, buttons don't work after exiting excavation

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
When I reached the excavating site I was forced to kill some spiders due to their proximity to the excavating site. I was excavating a purple item so I took a bit longer that I took with lower qualities items and the spiders respawned while I was almost finishing excavating. They engaged combat with me and the game forced me out of excavation mode and to my surprise all my combat skills were frozen, I only managed to kill the spider by bashing it several times. After combat I tried to start excavating once again but I couldn't, none of the buttons of the controller did anything. I was even forced to restart the app since I couldn't even logout, only the button that trigger options menu and PS button were functioning.
Edited by redlink1979 on June 11, 2020 11:24PM
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    yea i had this problem, i had to alt f4 i reported it last week or so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a keyboard attached to your console (ie wireless keyboard) I was able to \reloadui and get the screen unlocked that way, but if you rely on your controller to access in-game chat for the \reloadui command you'll be stuck.

Also had something similar happen when accessing the tutorial while scrying. Closed the tutorial and it gave me a prompt that exiting the scry would lose all progress, but I couldn't close the window or do any other commands other than toggle the "special" skills. Ended up force-dashboarding the game and logging back in. (I did not try the keyboard ui trick in this instance).
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Also had something similar happen when accessing the tutorial while scrying. Closed the tutorial and it gave me a prompt that exiting the scry would lose all progress, but I couldn't close the window or do any other commands other than toggle the "special" skills. Ended up force-dashboarding the game and logging back in. (I did not try the keyboard ui trick in this instance).

This issue needs to be addressed asap.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

We are aware of this and have a fix for it in progress. It should go in with the next incremental patch for PS4 and Xbox One.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sylvenmyst
    Sylvenmyst
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom has this same bug been addressed for PC/Mac with controller mode as well? It was not just on console.
  • Sylvenmyst
    Sylvenmyst
    Soul Shriven
    I had to fight the mob kiting with light attacks only because none of my other buttons would work after the excavation canceled when I was attacked.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for letting us know.