The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scripting

Trailed
Trailed
✭✭✭
Was just accused of scripting and cheating by another player, apparently they had never seen a magcro do 1/2 decent. Is using a mouse with extra keys against TOS?

Would someone care to explain what they meant by this? I've never had an encounter of this sorts before
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no its not dont worry i get accused alot as other good players but pls change the title of this thread. to "beeing accused of cheating" so ppl know exactly what u on about
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a mouse with extra keys is not against the TOS.

Using a mouse programmed to do more than one action at a time from a single keypress, i.e. a macro, would be against the TOS.

It doesn't matter how many keys you have as long as you are actually pushing the keys. That make sense?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You ran into someone in PvP who thought they were good at PvP and couldn't handle being defeated. It's pretty common in Cyrodiil too. It doesn't matter which alliance.

It's all;
    • X guild/person is using lag switches. "I hit them and I lag. It can't be because there's no other logical explanation for it! I'm not even going to report, just complain in zone!"
    • X person is using macros and scripts. "There's no way they can pull off a super simple, really easy, yet amazing combo on me! I'm too great to let that happen!"
    • X person is using X class. "It's nice to have something in your class that is completely undodgeable. You can't play anything except a P2W class."

Those are the three big ones. Meanwhile the good PvPers will give credit where it's due. Nothing's wrong with having extra buttons on your mouse. They're super helpful, but by no means do they give you a proper edge over someone else, so nothing to worry about there!
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    You ran into someone in PvP who thought they were good at PvP and couldn't handle being defeated. It's pretty common in Cyrodiil too. It doesn't matter which alliance.

yeh lately these guys pop up from every corner
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I daresay the number of cheat accusations far outnumbers actual instances of cheating.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Trailed wrote: »
    Was just accused of scripting and cheating by another player, apparently they had never seen a magcro do 1/2 decent. Is using a mouse with extra keys against TOS?

Would someone care to explain what they meant by this? I've never had an encounter of this sorts before

This is the same guy who thinks everyone is in a premade, and out to get him.