The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Consistant Connectivity Problems

nighbreezb14_ESO
nighbreezb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
My wife and I have powerful computers, very rarely do we have internet issues for our other software. ESO however is consistantly disconnecting us when we play. Sometimes it's fine for several days. Days like today, we are getting disconnected every 3 minutes. We struggled logging in. We get lag spikes, that mostly end in being disconnected.

More often than not we get a message to check our internet connection. I've restarted my router, switch, computer, paused windows 10 updates, ran speed tests with jitter measurements, and we're just sick of wanting to sit down and do some simple things (daily writs, upgrade mount, etc) without having to log in 20 times in 30 minutes.

"An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes before logging in." was the jist of what just appeared on my wife's screen, as I type this.

After reading the forumns, I wonder if I should reinstall the game, but this isn't a small game. A game like this should not have to be reinstalled to work properly.

Suggestions?
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    I have the exact same problem, and I have reinstalled twice, gotten a new router etc and nothing works, now I am just praying the next patch fixes whatever the problem is. If I may ask, what is your ISP?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nighbreezb14_ESO

As you've already went through most of the basic connection troubleshooting, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support for further assistance with these disconnections.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    Wife and I have also recently came back to the game about 3 weeks ago, we left last time because the game constantly ran at 200+ ping and was horrible, which sucks because we really enjoy the game. This was the only game that did this. Anyway we came back 3 weeks ago and when we came back the game ran great for the release of greymoor, i was finally happy we can enjoy it without major lag issues, however this last week we started to get super high pings up to 999+ on a regular basis, tried restarting router all the troubleshooting things nothing worked. Then i noticed each time one of us was playing eso, then the other logged in the lag would start and for about 15 mins would sit at 999, after 15mins it would go back down. Each time one of us would switch characters or log in or out even logging off completely would put the others ping at 999 for 15 mins. It also extends to the whole network, i could be watching twitch or playing PoE, if she logged in or switched characters 15 mins of high ping. this is the only game this does this on and we can recreate it, I can play any other game with twitch up, netflix going no issues, but just logging in and out on this is bad, any way this is related or a way to fix this?
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.