The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects every 5-15 minutes

bross48
bross48
Soul Shriven
For the past week I have been having constant disconnects while playing, I have done every possible troubleshooting method that has been available on forums, and cannot possibly think of the issues. I cannot stay connected longer than 30 minutes at all and it makes the game borderline unplayable. All that happens is while I am playing I will just get kicked to the original login screen, not the character screen and it will say please make sure you have a valid connection. I can login immediately again and go back to normal but will just get disconnected. It seems that once I first get disconnected it will start disconnecting me more frequently the next few times. Its a waste of my ESO+ and I just bought Greymoore and am unable to do anything that requires me to stay connected. Please help me figure this out.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bross48

If you are getting disconnected or receiving an error stating "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" when trying to log into The Elder Scrolls Online, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here.

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on console, you can reset your machine's IP by performing a hard reset. To do so, hold down the power button on the console itself and allow it to completely shut down. Once complete, turn off your modem or router as well and wait 10 minutes before turning all of your devices back on.

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433

Check for updates

You should also ensure that the ESO Launcher has downloaded and installed all available updates before logging back in. If on console, we also recommend completely closing out the game and allowing the system to check for game updates before restarting the game itself.

Give ESO and Steam access to Mac

If playing ESO on Mac, you should ensure that both Steam and ESO have access to your machine by navigating to the Security & Privacy menu, selecting Privacy, then clicking on Accessibility and adding them to the list.

Reset the ProgramData folder

If playing on PC, you can also try resetting the ProgramData folder:
    1. Close both ESO and the ESO Launcher.
    2. Open the game's installation directory.
    3. Open the folder named Launcher.
    4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData".
    5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup".
    6. Open the launcher and download update.
    7. Click Play.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    I have done all of that and still nothing is solved.
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    I have also opened a ticket and it has been a week with very intermittent and useless support.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bross48

What is your current ticket number?

We can check on the ticket to make sure it is being handled correctly.
    Staff Post
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    200603-012725

I was told 20 hours ago it was elevated to a special team, it has been 2 weeks I have been trying to get support.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bross48

Thank you for your ticket number. I've sent you a private message with details on the ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    Please post here if you get a resolution. I haven't played in a while and thought I might come back and play a bit. ALL DAY I've been having this issue. I can't stay in the game for more than 15 minutes. Sometimes I'm kicked shortly after logging in. I'm on 200mb+ cable and it's very solid.

Win10 x64 1903
    ryzen 3600x
    32gb RAM
    rtx 2080
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    1hqutq7njfku.png
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    Yep thats my same issue, except now I can't even get past character selection without being kicked out.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just started having this issue yesterday June 15th. I play on PC EU and my connection is fine otherwise.

I've reset my router, disabled addons, repaired the game, etc. Not fixed. I also tried all of the suggestions in the dev post here and nothing has fixed it.
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on June 16, 2020 3:20PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • InfinityForever
    I'm getting this exact same issue, but strangely enough only when I try to sign into my characters on the EU server. When playing my NA characters I have no problem at all. I play on both servers due to friends on either side.

I also did all the troubleshooting that has been given so far and I still get disconnected on EU.
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on NA. Tried disabling all add-ons, did a repair from the launcher. No dice. And before I gave up last night I literally couldn't get past the character select.
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    I think I've settled on Add-ons being the issue:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4777102/#Comment_4777102

Someone else got it fixed by not only disabling add-ons but deleting them and the related files. I renamed the files/directories mentioned in his post and it didn't kick me out.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, my issue had to do with routing. I stopped having disconnects today, about 2 days after my problem started.

Before it fixed itself, I was only experiencing constant disconnects on EU, not on NA or PTS. I tried using a VPN to play on EU,
    and the VPN let me play on EU without issues. It's worth noting that I live in NA but play on EU.
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on June 17, 2020 5:11PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    I've bought a new router and it may have done the trick. Haven't dced yet but still not fully sure
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    I thought I solved my problem with nuking the addons but my issue persists.

I have this problem on both my main desktop (wired and wireless) and my laptop. I've moved since I last played. Same ISP (Spectrum) but different modem/router. I can play fine from my neighbor's wifi which is on AT&T. I suspect the router I got from Spectrum is too stupid to know how to keep the correct ports open so I ordered one. I'll report back with results tomorrow after it arrives.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I switched back to my AMD Ryzen 3600 and Asus B450 motherboard, and just like that no more disconnects.

Everything is working perfectly. So It was the internet on my Intel Z390 Asus Prime A motherboard, if you use intel and this motherboard, that's your issue, maybe.

I've been having internet issues with this motherboard anyways, but this confirms it is the motherboard causing these problems.

But that's just my case. If you are using AMD/Ryzen and are still having disconnects, let us know please.
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    Last night I tried playing over a VPN and it worked fine. This morning I hooked up my new router in place of the one I got from my ISP and it's working great.

Above poster: maybe the intel board had extra firewall software installed with your network drivers? From my experience the intel drivers can be bloated sometimes with extra utilities. In any case, I think you'll like your Ryzen build.