Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox NA Audio

Karivaa
Karivaa
✭✭✭✭✭
We are all trying to do antiquities and our audio keeps dropping out. If we reload the game, it will work again. Thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Karivaa

The troubleshooting listed below may help resolve your audio issues.

Clear Save Data
    1. Exit to the dashboard and then return to the game.
    2. Exit to the dashboard and then close the game out completely.
    3. Shut down your Xbox One for 30 seconds and then reboot.
    4. Clear your Save Data:
      1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
      2. Go to Games.
      3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
      4. Select Manage Game.
      5. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
      6. Select Delete.

Please be aware that deleting this save data will only reset your settings. No character data will be affected.

Turn off HDMI audio

You may also experience issues if your HDMI audio setting is on. There is hardware that will have difficulty with audio while using this setting.
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu,navigate to your Settings.
    2. Select Display & Sound.
    3. Select Audio Output.
    4. Under HDMI Audio select Off in the drop-down options.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not help us. It’s a bug with the game. The audio will go out and then come back on. This happens for no reason.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Karivaa

If the audio troubleshooting above has not helped, please submit a ticket to customer support detailing the issue so this can be investigated further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aserak
    Aserak
    ✭✭
    Audio drop Issue has also happened to me on multiple occasions, multiple sessions. Once during a harrowstorm event. After the event was over the sound came back. Another was just cross W Skyrim travel, was out for about 5 minutes then came back.
  • Aserak
    Aserak
    ✭✭
    I have both HDMI and Optical audio to sound bar. I will test the latter next time it drops.
  • Bloodgetter1223
    Bloodgetter1223
    Soul Shriven
    This has happened to me today on Xbox EU . The sound kept dropping out every 15 minutes or so. Logging out and back in temporarily fixed it. I have both deleted saved data and hard reset my Xbox and that seems to have solved the problem for the last few hours I,ve had no sound loss. I will post here again if the problem happens again
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it happens around "crowded" events with many sound effects such as harrowstorms,alik'r dolmens and occasionally summerset geysers. It's not a HDMI issue, it's game sound, you will often get partial sound (character sound effects, for example), but nothing else, then when the "event" ends, sound typically (but not always) resumes.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here since the new chapter. Some sounds but others not working(like menu options, or when porting to your home, only a few sounds) I've tried the troubleshooting suggestions and no luck. Just comes and goes. I guess we should just open tickets instead of posting about a possible issue in the coding then right?
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been happening for months. It's not us, it's you, ESO. We need to spend some time apart so you can work on yourself.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • ElementalDud
    ElementalDud
    ✭✭
    I've been getting this issue too a lot recently. Super annoying. I hope ZOS realizes it's not our hardware, it's their software, which is pretty evident by the fact that sometimes only certain "layers" of sound (UI, SFX, music, dialogue, etc) will cut out.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it's only when I use my chatpad. If my headset is plugged directly into the controller no issues. Seems odd since before the last chapter it worked fine, works perfectly with EVERY other game. I've tried every setting, different controllers, different chatpads, all the "troubleshooting" ensuring everything's upgraded, even uninstall/installed the game again. Ah well, I suppose BOTH my chatpads could be damaged in the same exact way. Anyone else with sound issues using one?
  • Asmoxian
    Asmoxian
    I've had this issue in several trials on PC. Last night half of our trial team lost all audio except footsteps during Yandir HM in vKA. This issue has occurred during vSS dragon fights as well. After we killed Yandir and went through the door our sound came back. Trying to do a HM boss without audio cues is bizarre and fairly difficult.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same no audio issue this morning. Xbox NA.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox EU, followed all the troubleshooting steps, have reported this multiple times, powercycled Xbox; doesn't solve the issue.

Sometimes the opposite would even happen, specifically in Elsweyr, the sounds a Dragonfight would cut out, then linger in a loop. Peculiar.
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹