Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Antiquarian's Eye cannot be activated 50% of the time

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am mostly scrying in Artaeum and about half the time when I activate the area and ride over to it, my compass bar doesn't turn blue, I cannot use the Antiquarian's Eye and the dig site doesn't spawn. I need to do a /reloadui when this happens, then I can generally use the Eye, sometimes it takes 2-3 reloadui's though. I believe the dig sites are not spawning as well, because on numerous occasions I have been literally standing on it when the Eye finally activated, and it was definitely not there before.

My wife has not experienced this behavior even once, even though it happens to me constantly. I have unloaded all addons and even tried plain vanilla and the issue persists. I really want to enjoy this part of the game, but having to constantly reloadui not only breaks the emersion, it is a huge waste of my game time.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Example of the issue...
    do41yd8xnt1e.png
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And after a reloadui, I haven't moved a step:
    yh5ahl8192gc.png
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one in Western Skyrim where I could not activate the tool. I tried in many place in the area. Even when I was so far into the Dig Area I was looking at the dig site and could not activate the tool.

First time that ever happened. I have had it not activate at the borders of a Dig Area, but moving a little would sort that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I have had the same issue in Western Skyrim, I ended up giving that one up, as it was before I realized reloadui would fix it.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    yep having the same issues, constant having to /reloadui its annoying
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup...no shocker ZOS put out a broken product while breaking other parts of the game on release after 5 weeks of PTS.
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me on Xbox. Usually logout then log back in fixes it for me :/
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen in about 40% of active dig areas. It's ridiculous.