Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Love the new vampire feeding animations

Dar'Norok
Dar'Norok
✭✭
just wanna shout out to the devs, don't know if there has already been a topic regarding this but I love the new feeding animations, it really does make feeding a lot more fun
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4K.jpg
    I like ESO's flavour of the mythical creature, it spits cursed-ness like a Khajiit that drank from Sweet Rothmeth Brew.

With the animations as well as those of the skills, it definitely feels darker then the pre-Greymoor version.

Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dar'Norok wrote: »
    just wanna shout out to the devs, don't know if there has already been a topic regarding this but I love the new feeding animations, it really does make feeding a lot more fun

Yes, it and the passives of the skill line are the two things they did right.
    Options
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Yes, it and the passives of the skill line are the two things they did right.

I disagree about the passives but to each his own
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passives are cool but it's that ability cost increase for non-vampire stuff and the way they handled some of the active skills where this rework is lacking. Despite all this I think we can all agree the feeding animations are awesome. Just wish the feeding synergy didn't require you to be level with your target, far away, and not in combat.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just like @Dar'Norok i also love the new feeding animation, i agree that it makes feeding a lot more fun.
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would work. :( Given two bites and gotten one, but never got to see the sweet new animations. Last time I bit a friend he was really impressed by the animation and kept gushing about it. Feels like I missed out on our magical moment. :'(
    I guess this is separate from feeding on mobs, but I haven't gotten one of those yet. OTL
    Edited by Raisin on June 9, 2020 5:52PM
    Options
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also appreciate that the victim actually dies now, instead of becoming mildly annoyed and running over to punch you in the face.
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    4K.jpg
    I like ESO's flavour of the mythical creature, it spits cursed-ness like a Khajiit that drank from Sweet Rothmeth Brew.

With the animations as well as those of the skills, it definitely feels darker then the pre-Greymoor version.

I am agree that feeding animation became better and maybe "darker", but visuals of skills feels darker? Maybe i didn't understand what you mean, but do you remember old visuals?
    EmWe8tL.jpg
    Also new Eviscerate looks like paint, bats in bat swarm ult now looks like they made of foil, Mesmorize have pink-purple colored visuals, more suited for Barbie doll. Don't feels darker, in my opinion.
    Options
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On NPCs, sure. But the bite ritual for other players (at least the kneel and bite on neck) is probably the cringiest shite since twilight....when it actually shows the animation anyway. Now that I think about it, I'm glad that animation is bugged.
    Options
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    4K.jpg

I am agree that feeding animation became better and maybe "darker", but visuals of skills feels darker? Maybe i didn't understand what you mean, but do you remember old visuals?
    EmWe8tL.jpg
    Also new Eviscerate looks like paint, bats in bat swarm ult now looks like they made of foil, Mesmorize have pink-purple colored visuals, more suited for Barbie doll. Don't feels darker, in my opinion.

E.g I favor the red mist above the old, more greyish one of Mistform, because a vampire should draw power from blood/ lifeforce and not a sip of water. It makes more sense.
    Turning into a red shade while running at stage 4 for the same reason.
    Using Hypnosis by pushing red/purple clouds outwards, like a blood imbued magic mist to mislead the senses of those within it. Etc...

Some choices might feel a tad exaggerated, but give the user an identity in game among all classes and skills available: when in PvP I like to recognize what people are using, or what they are.
    The form and choice of colors illustrate the powers of the skill one is executing well and add more to the atmosphere. I like it.
    Just my 2 cents, opinions can differ ofcourse.

Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah they're cool

The new Mist Form is pretty awesome as well.
    Options
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the new feeding animations, but the drain is just crap, and the "ranged feed" also looks like crap.
    They shoulda kept the ranged feed/kill like the original feed was, with the temporary blood and gore.
    Now it just looks like your character inhales some magical red Kool-Aid nonsense.
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some choices might feel a tad exaggerated, but give the user an identity in game among all classes and skills available: when in PvP I like to recognize what people are using, or what they are.
    The form and choice of colors illustrate the powers of the skill one is executing well and add more to the atmosphere. I like it.
    Just my 2 cents, opinions can differ ofcourse.
    Do you think the old visuals of vampire skills lacked identity and recognizability? How purple-pink colors illustrate power of the vampire skills and add vampiric atmosphere? And i think making almost all vampire skills using same color pattern is so lame, old visuals of vampire skills used unique color schemes and effects and were very vampiric and easily recognisable.

Edited by XomRhoK on June 9, 2020 10:59PM
    Options