The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eternal hunt set in PVP?

briano42
briano42
✭✭
Hi
In pvp would you see and avoid the rune placed by the Eternal Hunt set? Or is it an effective extra hit?
Thanks

Best Answers

• Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runes are visible and easy avoidable, but not when you chance the person with eternal hunt on, so this set is awesome for escaping. Otherwise, its hard to land in properly in offensive way against not terrible player.
    If you are playing CP, u can mix it with roll passive for "they see me rollin they hatin'" gameplay
    Edited by Tammany on June 9, 2020 9:08AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With Snow Treaders my squishy magblade now runs right through multiple runes of stamblades trying to escape. It doesn't hit for much when used in that way. It remains a good kiting tool against people not wearing that mythic.
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    Eternal Hunt is still a strong set, my combo goes: Trap beast, roll directly backwards so the rune falls on the trap, silver leash, shadowy disguise, surprise attack. Works on a lot of people, and with the lag in Cyrodiil, well, it is what it is. The other bonuses are good as well with the set, but yeah the most common use is to escape, but it’s not the sets it’s your ability to play the game.
    Yeah, stacked burst is stacked burst, but probably not the main reason you'd wear the set as you say.
    Kadoin wrote: »
    If you are an NB, you might want to rethink using it. Last I checked that set bugged cloak so you cannot cloak as long as the rune was on the ground.

Don't know if they bothered ever fixing that, but hey they supposedly read input...
    I used it on my perma-cloaking magblade a few months ago and did not notice that problem. They must have fixed it. Video from that time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4GRO7UUEk
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    briano42 wrote: »
    Hi
    In pvp would you see and avoid the rune placed by the Eternal Hunt set? Or is it an effective extra hit?
    Thanks

I mean it can work, I have seen it run, its more used as an escape tool to help punish / dissuade people from chasing, probably more effective in no cp (as most proc effects are)

but it wont really help you kill more people.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only time I have ever seen it used is in chaos ball in battle grounds.
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    If you are playing CP, u can mix it with roll passive for "they see me rollin they hatin'" gameplay

Trolly pollies, love it 😆
    Options
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    Thank you all. So just an option for escaping. Hardly seems worth dedicating a set to it.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good set for specific builds. You can easily roll from a gap closer - enemy plows into rune and you attack putting them on the defense.

Rolling through an opponent is a way to use it offensively

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are an NB, you might want to rethink using it. Last I checked that set bugged cloak so you cannot cloak as long as the rune was on the ground.

Don't know if they bothered ever fixing that, but hey they supposedly read input...
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Hunt is still a strong set, my combo goes: Trap beast, roll directly backwards so the rune falls on the trap, silver leash, shadowy disguise, surprise attack. Works on a lot of people, and with the lag in Cyrodiil, well, it is what it is. The other bonuses are good as well with the set, but yeah the most common use is to escape, but it’s not the sets it’s your ability to play the game.
    Options