The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Survey's

Dalvarion
Dalvarion
Soul Shriven
I and a number of guild members have noticed a severe drop in surveys after crafting. When I say a drop in surveys, I mean fewer, I have 17 chars I craft with before the new DLC dropped, I would get an avg of 12-15 surveys in a day, now I am seeing 7-10 if I am lucky, was there a change or are we going to say the RNG gods are just not working in my favor or say 10 or more players with multiple crafters saying the same thing in 5 different guilds.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main Account
    8Z5NRG3.jpg

Alt Account
    WDVKKmU.jpg

Small sample size of mine since Greymoor. I do writs on 36 characters a day. Based on those numbers, with the expected drop rate being 12.5% (1 in 8) I'm not inclined to believe there is any change. Some are higher, some are lower, that's what happens with small samples.

Also, the expected number of surveys a day with 17 characters is 17 * 5 * (1/8) = 10.625. So either your RNG was really good before (averaging 12-15) or you're having some bias towards past results (human nature would tends to do such)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every person who comes in and claims that there are changes, doesn't back it up with evidence. They have no statistical proof. Merely anecdotal statements.

If you use Dolgubon's. /resetwritstats. Do writs for a month (so you have enough data). /outputwritstats. and post the data. If that shows that you are REGULARLY, and MULTIPLE PEOPLE can confirm that they are getting drop rates that are 8%, 9%, etc... THEN we might be able to have a conversation

(The tracking in Dolgubon's has been off in terms of the category items are placed, due to the changes in the API ZoS made on how boxes could be opened. The data is somewhat corrupted, but assuming they are randomly placed in the "wrong" category, the data will still be fairly accurate)
    Edited by tmbrinks on June 9, 2020 1:33AM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks does a good job tracking a lot of information. This is no different than gold matts from refining. Many times people claim the drop rates for gold matts were nerfed though they have remained the same since day one. It helps to track the information as our memories do not serve us well with things like this.

Thx again tmbrinks
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more thing to add:

Main account has Greymoor.

Alt account does not have Greymoor or Elsweyr.

There was a bug when Elsweyr came out that was causing accounts that didn't have Elsweyr to not get as many surveys, and those that did to get double surveys (in WW/BS/Cloth). There does not appear to be a bug like that with Greymoor.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points