The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i dont understand some ppls rage about the patch (tankiness still there)

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Btw nobody complained about tanks in PvP and nobody cares about them in PvP. The big problem was that actually builds with high weapon damage in medium armor had access to strong healing power combined with lots of sources of mitigation. The implementation of a more severe healing penalty through battle spirit was definitely the wrong way to adjust the meta and balance. The result is weak healing on many magclasses and a meta shift towards hit-and-run tactics. Cross-healing in groups still is strong, therefore zergs and ballgroups are still the preferred playstyle, meanwhile half the classes are more difficult to play for solo or small groups.

The game took a step into the wrong direction with this change, especially when we have the bad performance in mind. People more than before are motivated to stay in safe places, snipe and siege from keep walls or stay in the big zerg, because solo your survivability took a great hit. But since you are a stamsorc, good job playing probably one of the new fotm classes.

While I think the universal nerf to healing was an improvment, I agree that a more targeted nerf to cross-healing would have been ideal. With "unkillable" ball groups, folks have been suggesting this for awhile. From: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6472730#Comment_6472730
    Solution : Experiment with a Battle Spirit healing debuff, where healing from 3rd parties have diminishing returns. Something more needs to be implemented to incentivize groups to NOT stick together while stacking heals.

I've been thinking something along these lines for awhile.

Currently Battle Spirit:
    -Increase Health by 5000
    -Reduce damage taken by 50%
    -Reduce healing received and damage shield strength by 50%
    -Increase range of abilities with greater than 28m range by 8m in Cyrodiil

Add:
    -Reduce healing received from other players by an additional 25%

Instead, ZOS just hit all healing with the nerf bat and we are now in the high-damage, mobility required meta (especially in NoCP). I'm wondering if a nerf to just cross-healing (healing applied to you by other players) would have been to difficult for ZOS to implement.

I'm finding purge more effective than heals. I'm hugely envious of wardens with their auto-purge.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I'm finding purge more effective than heals. I'm hugely envious of wardens with their auto-purge.
    I played Magicka Warden as a main from Morrowind's early access until Elsweyr's early access, and the old method of "Netch Cleansing" was just fine. They really shouldn't have further buffed Stamina Warden by giving the cleanse to both morphs, as well as having it auto-cleanse without any player interaction (beyond the initial cast). Heavy attacking a Warden with a Lightning or Resto Staff is exceedingly annoying nowadays.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    So the fact that this guy is tanking 8 bad players isn’t enough for you? You think he should be tanking 8 good players? You think that should be a thing? I don’t think that’s ever been a thing.

The way I see it nothing has really changed probably. The only difference is that “tanks” will now have to actually wear a defensive set instead of just running two “heavy armor style” offensive sets. That guy tanking 8 people shouldn’t have 7000 weapon damage.

And more importantly you will no longer need that much weapon damage to turn on and kill enemies. Cuz you’re a “tank” and because of this patch the dps are super squishy. Right?

I respect good players and I know it takes skill to beat multiple opponents and yes we all want to play a game where that is possible. But walking around with 7k wd, 30k+ resistances, and 2k stam recovery has gotten a little old hasn’t it? Isn’t it, stylistically, just a little weird that healing scales with damage?

Personally I’m going to find a character with a nice max health based heal, some nice forms of percentage mitigation, and I’m going to tank just like this guy does. And when I proc balorghs and clever alchemist I’m still going to be able to kill people. Just like always.

Plus have you looked at some of the mythic items? I’m seeing a lot of ways to cheese/proc recovery. Maybe you can keep your damage and sacrifice that instead.

Either way I’m thankful for the opportunity to figure something else out. I’m tired of every good player I know running the same cookie cutter builds. “Oh not me bro I made this build up myself. Yea, that’s right, I use one block cost reduction glyph. Totally original. No, not me, I don’t use fury. Front bar nma bro backbar potentates totally original. Not me I’m not a dps like you I’m a tank so I use 7th legion instead.” Uh huh. “I’m not a tank I’m in medium armor I use sword n shield for survivability I’m a nord stamdk totally original theory crafted it myself.” Uh huh.

It’s wrong to think a good player should be able to kill 8 enemies anyway. But, if you think you’re literally 8 times better than half the people you see... then I’m sure you’re also good enough to figure out how to stop melting and heal yourself ;)

Totally this!!!!

The patch left tanks pretty much as annoying as they were but made standard non cheesy DPS builds much more squishy.....it’s dull unless you jump on the proc sets bandwagon
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets don't care if you run heavy armor and more health than main resource. So long as they proc, they do damage.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow you quoted me from a ways back. Glad you liked what I said.

Everything everybody has said here is right— subject to their own perspective— and possibly notwithstanding a couple angries.

The closest to a brawler dps I’ve had this patch is a stamsorc. Not the wild hunt dodgeroll streak variety but actually fury body, eternal vigor jewels, and balorghs. I use the stam morph of the pet to heal along with rally and vigor. It’s not bad. It’s not great. But as soon as I realized how completely reasonably viable it was I gained a lot of confidence in this patch and realized that my best character from last patch is probably still fine and why did I quit playing him to begin with? It’s also rather funny to see how 2 or 3 people react when they whack on you briefly to no avail then you streak through them, turn around, and heavy attack d swing. You can almost hear the enemy through your headset “crap! He’s adjusted!” and they scatter. Of course these probably aren’t good players I know that... but then again I never thought I could beat 3 good players by myself. Cuz that would be.... dun dun dunnnn... unbalanced.

• soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    NBs and Sorcs are stupid annoying this patch.

I'm tired of the 12-18k Assassin Scourge and the LA/Frag/soak you to death while streaking away after I bursted you non-sense.

I am mobile and tanky on my magplar but those two classes are the stupidest and longest fights I still contend with.

Of course I can kite all day long but I swear to Jesusbeam it gets tiresome.

And I refuse to roll either of those classes on principle alone! May Akatosh burn you both to ash lol.

But with treads though, fighting wardens and DKs are pretty meta sauce and I love it. It's the revenge I have been waiting for.

We do not discuss the undead elephant n the room who shall remain blastbones nameless. May the Allesia bridge fall out from beneath you during Zerg and your BS OP skill tree.

This morning I fought 3 werewolves and what the hell?! They tore my tanky ass apart and I could not kite them. I heard all this complaining they were weak and thats definitely not the case.

I may roll that nonsense up tomorrow.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on June 22, 2020 10:16PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @soniku4ikblis

Hahaha. Sounds like a good player having normal problems. NBs and Sorcs are always annoying. Hate to break it to you... but templars are pretty OP and annoying too. Until about 9 months ago when I decided to start putting medium armor on my DK... I swear to Jesusbeam I probably never beat a "good" templar in a 1v1. I just didn't get it at all. WTF pressure and healing??!

Were you by yourself? Against 3 werewolves? LOL. No, they aren't weak in the right hands. I was mid-running-away from a werewolf last night on my stamsorc when I suddenly had an epiphany "oh wait, I'm using silver shards for a spammable, Dawnbreaker for an Ulti, and poison injection for pressure. I might be super well equipped to kill werewolves" it still wasn't easy but I did put ol' yeller down.