The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why don't people turn in the scrolls?

alewis478b14_ESO
alewis478b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Not that familiar with how things work but twice tonight, someone got one of the scrolls and then just kept fighting for hours instead of turning it in. Why do they do that?
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You get a scroll and you can farm all the plebs following you for an hour. EZ AP.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, so *** do this. That was my guess
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: this response is for battlegrounds, I was confused

It can be used strategically if you are trying to prevent the team whose scroll you have from scoring.
    Edited by TBois on June 6, 2020 2:46AM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

It can be used strategically if you are trying to prevent the team whose scroll you have from scoring.

Nah just dont care about the campaign. Don't think anyone is in 2020.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So they designed a quest where one person can prevent anyone from completing it? Genius
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So they designed a quest where one person can prevent anyone from completing it? Genius

the quest gives you what 2k AP, kill one person and you'll get 2k AP. The quests are useless.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

the quest gives you what 2k AP, kill one person and you'll get 2k AP. The quests are useless.

That only strengthens my point. Why make a useless quest?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get a scroll and you can farm all the plebs following you for an hour. EZ AP.

This is the reason and players have been doing this since the first year of the game. I have seen them enter a random house and just kill players as they enter the home.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Back in the day it wasn't so useless. Cyrodiil hasn't seen proper tender loving care.
    Edited by Sephyr on June 6, 2020 1:51PM
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

This is the reason and players have been doing this since the first year of the game. I have seen them enter a random house and just kill players as they enter the home.

well sure people who cant play might go into some house, disable entering other instances with the scroll then. easy fix. A good group wouldn't be bound to one spot.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJkEnYXYgU
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'm all for it man, keep the 2k AP for the people who are just useless arguing in zone chat, give 100-200k AP for the group that returns the scroll. Useless quests are as useless as the rewards you get in the mail.

Give a motivation for actual good groups to return it.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on June 6, 2020 4:35AM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think it would be a neat mechanic if the scroll turn in gave more depending on how much resistance they met after picking it up. Like a defense tick, but for the whole faction. Much like a defense tick, if another faction is able to take the scroll from another while it is in transit, then the turn in goes to them when they return it.

For groups that meet no resistance (example: PVdooring the map and running amok unopposed) then you just get the base 2k, but if you actually have to fight on the way back the tick grows. For groups that can pull off farming it, it would mean a large turn in for everyone.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one takes it seriously because the campaign is decided by what faction logs in with a locked alliance when no one else is on and runs map down vs. 1 bar population.

Then, to add to insult, low pop bonus often doesn't even work properly and sometimes gets applied to the same faction that ran map down with a locked faction v. 1 bar faction.

That's why they don't take scroll seriously and farm it. The campaign is a joke when there is no mechanic to stop anyone with a lock faction from getting emp, getting scroll, and then being empowered vs. 1 bar populations , gating them, and then getting over 200 point ticks for hours.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

You prevent them from scoring AND gain score for your team by putting it in a keep, so this reason doesn't wash.