The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird audio bug fighting dragons in Southern Elsweyr

blackpool9
blackpool9
✭✭✭
Had this happen the last two days on both PC-NA and PC-EU. After a dragon makes its strafing run, the "dragon's breath" audio keeps playing all through the rest of the battle and even after the dragon is dead. It is only when I get far enough away from the dragon to be out of hearing range that it stops. Haven't gone back to see if it starts up again if I get to close, because I'm afraid it will.
  • Alvar
    Alvar
    ✭✭✭
    Happens with all dragons, including Sun Spire.
    There are other sound de-sync issues as well since Greymoor; including occasionally losing sound in trial fights except for footsteps, etc.
    They (devs) want pve to share pvp experiences.
    You can't sprint and use abilities at the same time.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackpool9 wrote: »
    Haven't gone back to see if it starts up again if I get to close, because I'm afraid it will.
    It won't.
    I tried it the first time I encountered this - as soon as it stops completely, you can go back and it will be silent. If you only go until its very quiet, it will get louder again when you approach the dragon (corpse) again...

And yeah, its a little bug that greymoor brought us... guess soon enough they will fix it with a patch.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.

It may also be attached to other audio as well. I ran a trial over the weekend with a group and someone played the new Ragnar emote while we were grouping. One of the others in the group got stuck listening to interminable Ragnar the Red until we all got wiped in that fight right before Lord Falgravn.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had this issue doing Maarselok the other day.

/reloadui fixed it
    Edited by Tannus15 on June 3, 2020 11:29PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not limited to dragons. It happened with Mzeklok in Craglorn while farming for a lead. The gear/steam death sounds kept playing after it died and wouldn't stop until I left the area.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    GM plz move this to Bug form.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I alt-tab out of ESO and go right back in, it stops the dragon screaming. I do have ESO set to Off for "Plays In the Background", so all audio stops when I alt-tab out and that may be resetting the dragon scream.