The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

GUILD BANK WITHDRAWAL LIMIT (per rank)

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
Newbie guild banks get cleaned out all the time and is detrimental to the good and helpful nature of social guilds as players who donate to help newbies become less inclined to put items of better value into the guild bank.

It would be a major quality of life improvement if guilds could set an item withdrawal limit per rank per day.

It would certainly minimize large scale cleanouts.
Edited by marius_buys on June 3, 2020 3:22PM

GUILD BANK WITHDRAWAL LIMIT (per rank) 69 votes

NO, guild banks don't need withdrawal limits per rank
8%
Lastdragonborn92Hamish999valeriiyaMichaeoregonrobATomiX69 6 votes
YES, guild banks would run better if there are withdrawal limits per rank
82%
NestorNeo_Bahamut_19imno007b14_ESOSoulshinechess1ukb16_ESOKhenarthistatic_rechargeNebthet78DigitalHypeJiigenIaraoBluepitbull13Cendrillion21AlvarDisgracefulMindDirtybyrdagegartonxxthir13enxxBalticBluesEllieBlue 57 votes
OTHER, I will elaborate in the comments
8%
GythralidkZer0_CooLbmnobleDusk_CovenxXMeowMeowXx 6 votes
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbie guild banks get cleaned out all the time and is detrimental to the good and helpful nature of social guilds as players who donate to help newbies become less inclined to put items of better value into the guild bank. Do you think it would be a major quality of life improvement if guilds could set an item withdrawal limit per rank per day. It would certainly minimise large scale cleanouts.

How about they fix the guild bank and allow items to stack when placed in it? Maybe do that before adding another feature thanks.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say, "yes," but this would be really fiddly. I'm with @Kidgangster101 here. Having some system to stack items in the bank, and maybe dealing with that horrific lag when you're pulling items out would be far more welcome. I understand why those restrictions are in place, but they're still aggravating.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already decide who can remove items from a bank and gold in the permissions.

I think it would be helpful, if you could set in the permissions how many items could be removed for any rank. ( none - a number- unlimited). That way it would not effect gms/co-gms/officers and such that keep things running.

Also, a toggle to lock things would be nice, as well. :)

Though being overly kind to members that have not proven their trust is the GM’s fault. This issue is completely avoidable by having people ask for what they want.

With that said, I still think thieves should get a ban from ZOS.

That would make the unsavory types think twice. It should be a TOS violation, clear and simple.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that said, I still think thieves should get a ban from ZOS.

I'd agree, except it'd be way too easy to trick someone into a ban. You're on discord, tell a newbie to feel free to pull everything down, then go to ZOS and say, "halp, they're a bank thief," and we're off to the races.

It's part of why any agreement to trade crowns needs to be handled in game. DO NOT use Discord to confirm the terms, use text chat in game, and screenshot everything. So that if they do try to run, you can hand it all over to Customer Support.

I have as much hatred for bank thieves as anyone. Back in STO, we had a former officer get access to another officer's account, clear out the bank, and kick everyone in the guild below their rank. However, I'm also aware that it's not reasonable to ban someone when they may have gotten permission from an officer, especially if that's the person reporting them.

We had that exact misunderstanding in a guild in ESO about six years ago. An officer signed off on a newbie clearing out the bank. Another officer went off on them, the newbie felt like they'd been set up, and left. I'd hate for them to have been banned because two people didn't compare notes.

LOCK YOUR BANK DOWN. DO NOT LET ANYONE YOU DO NOT TRUST HAVE ACCESS TO IT.

After that, if you do get scammed, you've got my sympathies. Honestly. But, this, "nuke it from orbit," approach does not work.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbie guild banks get cleaned out all the time and is detrimental to the good and helpful nature of social guilds as players who donate to help newbies become less inclined to put items of better value into the guild bank. Do you think it would be a major quality of life improvement if guilds could set an item withdrawal limit per rank per day. It would certainly minimise large scale cleanouts.

How about they fix the guild bank and allow items to stack when placed in it? Maybe do that before adding another feature thanks.

I can agree with this.

However, after the stacking of inventory, we should be able to divide the slots between two or three tabs. Then with each tab we can set permission per rank of access, viewing and maybe Zos could add controls over how many total items players can remove.

Until then, lock it down and only give access to people you trust if you are concerned about looting. Further, why have valuable items in the bank to begin with? Also, this is not an issue with new guilds. If a new guild does not know how to use the existing controls or give a thought about how to use them then it really does not matter how much control yo give them until after someone cleans their clock.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just use the ROOMBA addon
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Roomba only works on two of the six servers.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ofc it would be a good Quality of Life feature for guild masters, no brainer really.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what do console players do? Not trying to be rude but it's crazy to think that "use x add-on" is the answer when certain things should just be in the game.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SWTOR style permission-by-tab banking and withdrawal limits. You get multiple bank tabs and each tab you can set a different permission by rank. Plus each rank can have different weekly withdrawal limits.
    Many guilds with a lot of bank tabs do in fact have a donation bin with items free to put in and take out. The weekly limit prevents emptying the bank.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't think it will really help that much, even if you put a limit on what someone can withdraw does not stop them finding the most valuable things in the guild bank to steal and might even be less noticeable than the current thefts because your less likely to think anything is amiss if the whole guild bank is not empty, allowing the thieves to stick around longer before someone manages to catch onto what they are doing, if they even catch on.

To me its a case of trust you don't give anyone access that you don't 99% trust not to screw your guild over, a lot of the guilds I am in either have it so only the GM and most senior officers in the guild can take stuff out.

Or to get an officer rank you need to be in the guild for X amount of time as in 180 days min etc.. before your even considered by then you either know the person well enough to trust them with access or your know them well enough to not give them a higher rank.

A lot of new guilds or new guild masters tend to make the mistake to promoting people too quickly and end up getting screwed over.

The guilds I am in do a lot of big auctions so the officers need access to the guild banks, so they can access a large number of items to mail out to lot winners having a withdraw limit would hinder that to a certain extent if it ended up being a fixed system tied to the ranks, if its implemented hopefully the GM's can set the withdraw limits.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an excellent idea.

Not only would it stop clear outs (extremely low, those players should be reported and ZOS should ban them), it would discourage the lurking players who withdraw from a bank, without providing adequate gold or equipment in return, too regularly.

Guild leaders should be able to set the amount of items each guild player rank can withdraw per day.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP's suggestion is excellent.
    Having a guild bank is essential, but there are too many robberies.
    ONLY TWO TRUST LEVELS OF ALL OR NOTHING is not good enough - for any bank.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feedbacked this recently after witnessing a theft from a long-time member in one of my guilds (I reported it with in-game message proof because I felt I owed it to those guildies whose kind donations were taken advantage of, though I don't expect anything will come of it. This seems to happen a lot with no consequence.)

I really think there should be a limit/timer on bank withdrawals, I can't see why someone would desperately need to take out a huge amount in one go unless they were stealing. If they're not stealing, they could easily ask someone else with rank to grab the rest for them which would add some extra security. It seems odd to have 'all or nothing' on something as valuable as a bank.
    Edited by ListerJMC on June 2, 2020 10:14AM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest, any upgrade on what we can do with ranks would be nice.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap yes this is a great idea!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it involved adding to the server workload (or is that shirkload) I'm against it!!! (PC-EU is 1/1000 of the size/connections it need already)

what's wrong with all ranks off...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be in the game, but no one will ever be happy about the Category Mix. Which is probably why it has not been implemented.

I think the reasonable break down would be along the lines of the big categories with maybe the following added:

Set Items
    Materials
    Tempers
    Gold
    Misc Items

I am sure I am missing something. Breaking down even further will probably cause system chaos, so not too many more choices.

Now that I think about it, this is about the only way to make this work is below:

There would be just two tiers of the Guild Bank, the one where it does not matter, and the one where Privileges have to be assigned to Withdraw. Then it would be on the GM's to figure out what is important. That might be the easiest to implement from ZOS's point of view.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    This needs to be in the game, but no one will ever be happy about the Category Mix. Which is probably why it has not been implemented.

I think the reasonable break down would be along the lines of the big categories with maybe the following added:

Set Items
    Materials
    Tempers
    Gold
    Misc Items

I am sure I am missing something. Breaking down even further will probably cause system chaos, so not too many more choices.

Now that I think about it, this is about the only way to make this work is below:

There would be just two tiers of the Guild Bank, the one where it does not matter, and the one where Privileges have to be assigned to Withdraw. Then it would be on the GM's to figure out what is important. That might be the easiest to implement from ZOS's point of view.

One set of code would be needed to effect withdrawals from limitless - none (on a slider scale)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is the players that voted no could just set their withdrawal limits to same as now yes?
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the mean time don't allow lower ranks to withdraw.
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please give us option's to allow a certain amount of items per tab to withdraw
    Dirtybyrd