The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fennorian Appreciation Thread

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    Aaaaand this thread has shown/reminded me that I have yet ANOTHER NPC for one of my characters to fall in love with... 😆 I'm running out of character slots, people!
    To be real though, he is kind of adorable. Cute hair! and I'm wary to say.. love nibbles? (Which brings the debate: is your character a vampire, also?)

No, none of my toons are vampires, though I highly appreciated them during the Rivenspire story line. It was my new Nord Warden tank that first encountered Fenn, and let's just say that wild and untamed girl never new she had a thing for nerdy skinny Altmer Vampires until meeting him.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fennorian was the only thing that brought me enjoyment during Greymoor's poorly told storyline. He was the only one that seemed like a real person...and I do have such a soft spot for Altmer ❤ Hopeful to see more of him in the upcoming DLC.

This right here! I adored him <3 His personality was fantastic and I really liked the inflections in his voice. His voice actor did such an incredible job and really brought his character home!
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    (Which brings the debate: is your character a vampire, also?)

I've got two. A male Altmer who claims to be an Ayleid (he prefers to stay alone, though), and a Dunmer woman (the sister of my main). She could, maybe, be interested in Fennorian. Not sure about that. Maybe she rather prefers a non-vampire she could drink from regularly?

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • bluelights400
    bluelights400
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh ngl not gonna lie i wnhoyed greymoor ngl
    i love borzois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bluelights400
    bluelights400
    ✭✭✭
    ENJOYED*
    i love borzois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leythen was hotter, if we're discussing Chapter-featured High Elf dudes. :wink: But I guess your opinions may vary depending on your preference for dorky and adorable vs emotionally damaged and edgy. :lol:
    tumblr_pa0ldbeCyO1tzjzz2o3_250.gifv
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you reddit!

So this is just got started today...

r/Fennorian exists and needs your contributions!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fennorian/

With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bet it will be full of confirmations that that Thirsting Girdle I dug out recently practically at the doorstep of Castle Ravenwatch has nothing to do with vampiric thirst and was actually dropped by someone from community (I do not wish to know circumstances) :p
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    dorky and adorable[/img]

Also known as "adorkable". :wink:

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I bet it will be full of confirmations that that Thirsting Girdle I dug out recently practically at the doorstep of Castle Ravenwatch has nothing to do with vampiric thirst and was actually dropped by someone from community (I do not wish to know circumstances) :p

That's seeming more and more likely, given the reaction we're collectively having to this particular altmer. Long before thirst tweets and memes there were thirsty outfits...
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Leythen looks like old school Trent Reznor
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennorian is a definite mood!
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennorian... dreamy. I played through the WS main quest on two chars, with headphones on so I could listen to every utterance.
    He can suck my main's blood any time. My Khajiit said she was also taken with him.

Want him as a houseguest ? YES PLEASE ZOS. Shut up and TAKE my MONEY!

As a side note... the voice actor did a splendid job (as evidenced above) but I have to say, and this is in no way dissing on his talent, it is always obvious to me that it's an American actor doing a British accent. The Brit (and Australian) pronunciation of "can't" is like "carn't", it doesn't sound like it rhymes with rant, which is how Americans say it.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on September 1, 2020 2:10AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lintashi wrote: »
    I think, that he will get alot more attention in Q4, due to him being of house Ravenwatch
    I believe, that Verandis was one of the exarcs of the Grey Host. We already know, that Verandis is pureblooded vampire, and he knows Molag Bal enough, to just visit and talk, and he was in Couldharbour before. When Tzingalis tortures Finnorian, he and Ashen Lord refer to him as "son of our misguided brother". So Verandis and Host atleast crossed paths before. So they know Verandis, even if they spent last millennia in Couldharbour. When lady Essenia captures Adusa, she also refers to her as part of traitorous bloodline, and she also knows about Verandis, but a acknowledges, that Adusa blood is more powerful, that anything she encountered before. In Greymoor keep, there is a book, where Ashen lord describes his exarcs, should be 12 named, plus 1 unnamed exarch traitor. It seems, that someone named Strygia or smth like that, made a deal with Molag Bal, and then something happened, so Grey Host got locked in Couldharbour. Knowing Verandis, he could do it, and escape Couldharbour.
    Of course, that is just wild theory)

That spoiler is spot on; have to admit I missed that bit about Fenn being the "son of our misguided brother", in both playthroughs of the WS main quest.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incidentally, we have a subreddit for our favourite, newest member of Ravenwatch... r/Fennorian.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The women in a guild I am in adore him. I love the voice acting and personality of the character. I find I actually want to him him when he needs help.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if he can turn into a vampire lord.

I bet he would be even cuter as a vampire lord.

Big pointy ears and a cute bat nose to boop and a pair of wings to use to give DOUBLE HUGS.

I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, how did I miss this thread?

Fennorian - I'm not into vampires, but I volunteer blood... VERY willingly.

Edit: I made Fen a house too... Proudspire Manor on PC/NA.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 27, 2020 2:05AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, how did I miss this thread?

Fennorian - I'm not into vampires, but I volunteer blood... VERY willingly.

Edit: I made Fen a house too... Proudspire Manor on PC/NA.

Maybe I'm a little obsessed... but I made my own Fennorian and have been running around digging up antiquities on him... as for blood... YESSSSS.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love and appreciate any NPC that is capable of actually doing something

ngl I was disappointed Lyris did basically nothing the whole time. Fennorian took initiative, made the miraculous healing elixir, was a Big Nerd that was helpful. He is appealing somehow even being a high elf, and somehow the overblown hand gestures from this chapter didn’t feel wildly out of place on him.

Anyway he’s my new favorite NPC, Raz lost top spot
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he has a good voice actor, but I really found him kind of whiny. He felt like the Edward Cullen of Solitude. I don't think even one of the characters saved the storyline for me, I didn't feel invested in any of them.

Even after rescuing one lot of people in blackreach, the guy I did the quest for still calls out to me in Solitude and says "thanks stranger"
    I mean seriously...

EU / NA / PC
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    Something I discovered about his VA, with the help of r/Fennorian - one of his earliest voice acting roles was as Darien/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon. Spent from about age 10-15 with a SERIOUS crush on that character. Something about the my affinity for the character just might tie back into that aural programming at that young age.

Although, if you listen side by side I have no idea that I could even tell. Heh.

Just a cool tidbit of info I thought others might find interesting.
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if its so much whiny, but there is a definite haughty and high class, upper-caste tone that most high elves have and I think that's more what they were aiming for with his character. Not flattering, in my opinion. Even IRL that kind of comportment has never drawn me to someone. But, it is what it is. :D That aside, I'm still interested. Might be because he's less holier-than-thou in my own head-cannon.
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭

With the recently datamined Adusa-daro houseguest this might actually happen! ZOS please don't let us down...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if its so much whiny, but there is a definite haughty and high class, upper-caste tone that most high elves have and I think that's more what they were aiming for with his character.
    Ever been to Summerset? Folks there are haughty. Fennorian is not, he just talks more... formally? It's nice to hear someone use a tad more words to express themselves for a change.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nareya726 wrote: »

With the recently datamined Adusa-daro houseguest this might actually happen! ZOS please don't let us down...

I'm still going to live in hope that we get Fenn one day. My main needs him.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Is that so?
    305?cb=20150901093839&path-prefix=de
    Maybe the inspiration for that weird "Lycanthrope" hair?
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    Fennorian is a great character and the voice acting was top-notch.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the end of Markarth questline,
    when he goes, "If you ever need someone to be there for you"
    was anyone else like "come on, ZOS, that's one dialogue option away from romance"?
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    In the end of Markarth questline,
    when he goes, "If you ever need someone to be there for you"
    was anyone else like "come on, ZOS, that's one dialogue option away from romance"?

YES. Especially after he's the one who
    asks you to be part of the family.

We were so close...