The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should we have a despawn timer on looted chests?

cmetzger93
cmetzger93
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been an issue since the game came out where players will only take an item or two from a chest or thieves trove and it won’t despawn after its been looted, so you open the chest and find a single lockpick. It seems like an easy solution to despawn the chest 1 minute after it has been opened. Is this something you would like to see in the game? If not please elaborate why.
Edited by cmetzger93 on May 31, 2020 6:42PM

Should we have a despawn timer on looted chests? 17 votes

Yes
76%
Iruil_ESOAmiinidarMysanneSammiSakuraJaraalDarkenarlolphwaapStarlockRavensilverBisDasBlutGefriertThechuckageSuna_Ye_SunnabeFoefaller 13 votes
No
23%
KnightpanthercolossalvoidsTaunkyLaicus 4 votes
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Because it's already on a timer, just a longer one. Can't care less personally if ran for a empty one, they never belonged to me anyway.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's already on a timer, just a longer one. Can't care less personally if ran for a empty one, they never belonged to me anyway.
    I didn’t realize they were already on a timer! With the amount of them I see half looted I figured they must not be. Good to know
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought they do despawn eventually. I would be in favor of shortening the timer, though. A minute might be too short, if someone needs to make room to take the items (e.g. by using a merchant or banker assistant or by mailing to other players). But I’d say under 5 would be nice. I’m not sure what it’s at right now.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    I didn’t realize they were already on a timer! With the amount of them I see half looted I figured they must not be. Good to know

This patch literally everything in game can drop antiquities leads so it might be an issue, also zones like Deahaan or Wrothgar etc. dropping quite valuable set pieces and being farmed pretty frequently.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    One minute is much too short, but yes, a forced refresh of nodes - if it's possible to do that without causing further performance issues (because it could) makes a lot of sense. This should apply not just to treasure chests. It should also apply to material nodes.