The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I thought you fixed temporary pets scaling with armor passives.

JinMori
JinMori
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In the patch notes i'm positive it was pointed out that some of the armor passives like prodigy or concentration did not benefit skills like blastbones, but it seems like you only fixed crit values and not penetration as the max damage of the skill itself is the same as previous patch.

Can you fix a thing for good once in a while? Or do we always need to do this bs?

Also, revert siphon changes.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

No, you can't have nice things.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The worst thing they could have done to necro was siphon on gcd.

Changes like these make me think, that they don't actually test, they literally roll a dice as they say around here.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Changes like these make me think, that they don't actually test, they literally roll a dice as they say around here.

It's sad because it was unique. I understand they only did it because they acknowledged issues with corpse targetting, but to revert it simply because they feel targetting is in a good place is stupid. It's become one of the unique aspects of the skill from a gameplay perspective. It offered a way for people to juice out more dps from Necro's which is exactly what they should want. It had a small learning curve.

But meh.. Here we are.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's sad because it was unique. I understand they only did it because they acknowledged issues with corpse targetting, but to revert it simply because they feel targetting is in a good place is stupid. It's become one of the unique aspects of the skill from a gameplay perspective. It offered a way for people to juice out more dps from Necro's which is exactly what they should want. It had a small learning curve.

But meh.. Here we are.

But they didn't solve the targeting problems that's the point.

The problem of this skill is the design itself, and not being on the gcd greatly mitigated that problem, but now that it's on the gcd it's back being a really clunky skill.

They did not solve anything, just made the problem worse.

And also, why isn;t this skill on a 16 sec timer like the ulti passive? Like wtf.

All of these things together make me thing that they do not test.
    Edited by JinMori on May 31, 2020 8:10PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But meh.. Here we are.

The problem of this skill is the design itself, and not being on the gcd greatly mitigated that problem, but now that it's on the gcd it's back being a really clunky skill.

Yeah I'm not justifying their actions, I'm pointing out their thought process. Targetting was not fixed, it's still clunky and their feelings aside, why revert something that made it fun to use?
    And also, why isn;t this skill on a 16 sec timer like the ulti passive? Like wtf.

I dissagree here. There is multiple tools used to consume corpses, the point is to offer something to build for, not something that can easily be maximized for damage dealers simply by using a 12s rotation. Necrotic Potency is great on ANY build, I've seen many end game pve guides not include the skill which is a huge oversight imo. Thats 2 skills, if you're a mag necro you also have Graveyard for 3 skills. 16s CD is more than fair.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But meh.. Here we are.

Yeah I'm not justifying their actions, I'm pointing out their thought process. Targetting was not fixed, it's still clunky and their feelings aside, why revert something that made it fun to use?

I dissagree here. There is multiple tools used to consume corpses, the point is to offer something to build for, not something that can easily be maximized for damage dealers simply by using a 12s rotation. Necrotic Potency is great on ANY build, I've seen many end game pve guides not include the skill which is a huge oversight imo. Thats 2 skills, if you're a mag necro you also have Graveyard for 3 skills. 16s CD is more than fair.

I don't really understand your second point, since you said 16 sec is more than fair, yea i agree, the siphon should last 16 seconds, to line up with the ultimate passive, especially now that it's on gcd, but even if it wasn't there really is no point having it at 12.
    Edited by JinMori on May 31, 2020 8:29PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But meh.. Here we are.

I don't really understand your second point, since you said 16 sec is more than fair, yea i agree, the siphon should last 16 seconds, to line up with the ultimate passive, especially now that it's on gcd, but even if it wasn't there really is no point having it at 12.

The Passive is not designed specifcally for Siphon, it's designed for the entire class in mind. There is other skills that consume corpses making the 16s rather easy to utilize, having 1 skill line up perfectly with the passive is not necessary on a class with the best ultimate regeneration in the game. If you want to maximize the use of this passive, you need to think a little harder about it, thats all.

Bad design would have 1 skill do this effortlessly for you by simply doing your rotation like you want it to.

Just my opinion.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But meh.. Here we are.

The Passive is not designed specifcally for Siphon, it's designed for the entire class in mind. There is other skills that consume corpses making the 16s rather easy to utilize, having 1 skill line up perfectly with the passive is not necessary on a class with the best ultimate regeneration in the game. If you want to maximize the use of this passive, you need to think a little harder about it, thats all.

Bad design would have 1 skill do this effortlessly for you by simply doing your rotation like you want it to.

Just my opinion.

Gotta disagree with that, i think they did it because 12 sec is just standard dot duration, i think the duration should coincide with the passive, and they should remove it from the gcd, i think that we can all agree on, the remove the gcd part.