The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Windows 10 may update + latest nvidia drivers => impressive FPS gain

Sarousse
Sarousse
✭✭✭✭✭
I've just updated my windows 10 to may update + installed yersterday nvidia drivers update and my FPS just skyrocketed, even with all details maxed + reshade + rtgi. Very impressive.

The best part is that all the stuttering is gone.

Even in Cyrodiil in crowded situations.

Has anyone else noticed this also ?
Edited by Sarousse on May 31, 2020 5:11PM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not available for my system yet, however I'm just waiting on the motherboard for my new pc build so I hope to take advantage of that then.
    Edited by Hurbster on May 31, 2020 5:07PM
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep my fingers crossed
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current computer doesn't have an Nvidia graphics card, but I've frequently suggested that a lot of people's problems with performance might be due to other things than "the servers"-- which, unfortunately, is the type of suggestion that usually gets one accused of "white knighting" for ZOS. :(

My current computer runs ESO much better than my previous one did, although I still have the occasional bout of lag and desyncs, sudden momentary load screens while walking or riding in overland, or long load screens when changing characters or zones. I'm sure a lot of that is due to the number of players online at that time, but some of them might be due to internet or network issues. I connect to our network through Wi-Fi, and have to use a Wi-Fi extender to get a strong enough signal in the front half of the house, although that thankfully only affects my MacBook Air when I play in the den or living room, since my desktop in the bedroom gets a strong enough signal that it doesn't need to go through the extender. Unsurprisingly, I tend to have more performance issues when playing on my MacBook Air than on my Windows 10 desktop.

I wish I could connect my desktop with a physical cable for the best connection, but that's not possible. :(

Anyway, I'm glad your FPS has improved after installing the May update and latest driver. Good news is good! :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todays Win 10 update.
    Latest Nvidea drivers are from May 27.

SSD drive, i6 Gig ram.

49 FPS, still.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing changed for me after these updates. Probably because my system isn't the problem here. Neither is my ISP or the add-ons I use.
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I've frequently suggested that a lot of people's problems with performance might be due to other things than "the servers"-- which, unfortunately, is the type of suggestion that usually gets one accused of "white knighting" for ZOS. :(

When people complain about the servers and performance, it's usually not FPS they mean. High ping, ping spikes, unresponsiveness, extended cast times on skills, desyncs, that's all on ZOS.
    PC EU
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, my high ping is NOT the fault of ZOS. It's the fault of living in the back of beyond and having only satellite for connect.

I love my back of beyond for the most part. I do NOT love the patriarchal "local culture" or the lack of "real internet", but hey, cleanest air and water plus least neighbors anywhere in four or five states, so really can't complain too much.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you install the latest Windows 10 Feature Update, and update to the latest GPU drivers turn this feature under Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings (at the bottom). It's supposed to help improve GPU performance a bit and I don't think it turns on automatically after the update (at least it can't hurt to make sure it's on).

Edit: Just a heads up for AMD GPU users, I checked and the lateset AMD drivers do not support this yet, only Nvidia ATM.

1fIpK0w.png
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on June 1, 2020 2:16AM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant