The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

15% chance is way way too low a chance on sets like shadow rend.

wolfbone
wolfbone
✭✭✭✭✭
15% chance to summon when you take damage or deal damage or whatever is way too low a chance. it barely ever happens and should be raised to 30% chance like maw of the infernal, so it'll actually spawn what it's meant to. otherwise, shadowrend is a useless set that never actually activates.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowrend is a tank-centric monster set, @wolfbone ... you shouldn’t be using it for damage.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 31, 2020 3:40PM
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you take damage like every .25 seconds? That would mean that every .25 seconds you have a 15% chance of summoning a clannfear. Maw of the Infernal only procs 30% chance with heavy and light attacks. Good luck doing a light attack every .25 seconds.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    shadowrend is a useless set that never actually activates.
    I wonder why all top mag duelists use Shadowrend if it never activates when you need it.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    15% summon chance is ok. I tested it yesterday on my tank and it proc'd pretty often. Problem is the 2 sec dmg mitigation is too low. Should be at least 5.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on May 31, 2020 3:47PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 15% summon chance is already good enough for Shadowrend to basically always be there. Besides, its not a damage dealing set, its a tanking set. That clannfear got heavily nerfed in Greymoor and all damage got stripped from it. Instead it now deals peck damage and makes the person it hurt deals 5% less damage. That can stack with minor maim which was the old effect it once had.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use it.. well it's a relic from before the latest patch that nerfed it into the ground.
    No dmg and a whooping 2 second mini debuff lol.
    Now i'm "carrying" it until I get something better.
  • Nomad1098
    Nomad1098
    ✭✭✭
    What are you doing that you can't take or deal damage? You know you have to be in combat right? Damage taken every .25 seconds and damage dealt twice every second and you still aren't getting a proc? I'm extremely skeptical.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at the 5 percent on Syvarra Scales and tell me that isn't a meme.
  • Merca
    Merca
    I use this set for RP, for ilusionist maga (night blade). When compared to other Summoner (sorc and necromant), they were always more strongly made than the magic of shadow.