The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buff BRPdw

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
Logged in today to see what all the fuss was about, (logged in just fine and good performance?)

Then i noticed my build was destroyed, see being a stamsorc sucks, because you are forced to use dizzy swing because magsorcs have 95% of the class kit.

Now as you could imagine, that 30pct damage reduction buff was quite handy to have in the middle of your 2 sec long dizzy swing without being oneshot in the process.

So i would either have a full rework of the Classkit so stamsorcs are not useless anymore,
Or get the old BRP dual wield buff back, or a class change token, OR a way to transfer your alliance rank and achievements to another character.

Thank you thats all.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So i would either have a full rework of the Classkit so stamsorcs are not useless anymore,
    Or get the old BRP dual wield buff back, or a class change token, OR a way to transfer your alliance rank and achievements to another character.

Thank you thats all.

[snip]

No but seriously these nerfs really do suck and it's not just stamsorcs that had their playstyle severly nerfed.
    But on the plus side you can now play a buggy and less engaging version of candycrush in eso. :)

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 31, 2020 6:32PM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you thats all.

[snip]

No but seriously these nerfs really do suck and it's not just stamsorcs that had their playstyle severly nerfed.
    But on the plus side you can now play a buggy and less engaging version of candycrush in eso. :)

Lol cant deny that 🤣 i could imagine many builds have been destroyed, the thing is my build solved a class problem that put me in a great disadvantage against every other class in the game, now its gone and i cant get it back. Also stuck with this class forever because of the high AP rank that i refuse to grind back
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you thats all.

[snip]

Lol cant deny that 🤣 i could imagine many builds have been destroyed, the thing is my build solved a class problem that put me in a great disadvantage against every other class in the game, now its gone and i cant get it back. Also stuck with this class forever because of the high AP rank that i refuse to grind back

Respeccing is always an option, unless of course you already have a magSorc and don't want to have another or for roleplay reasons...

The new BRP dualwield would have been awesome if they hadn't last-minute-nerfed it from 10% down to 6%. It would have been equal in damage to vMA bow over a certain dps baseline with the drawback of only working from melee range which is absolutely fair considering the extra survivability.

But ZOS decided we can't have nice things here...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Thank you thats all.

[snip]

Respeccing is always an option, unless of course you already have a magSorc and don't want to have another or for roleplay reasons...

The new BRP dualwield would have been awesome if they hadn't last-minute-nerfed it from 10% down to 6%. It would have been equal in damage to vMA bow over a certain dps baseline with the drawback of only working from melee range which is absolutely fair considering the extra survivability.

Yeah well im not so fond of magsorcs... I feel so dirty when i play one 😂 think im just gonna go back to red dead online.. Maybe some build ideas pops up in the meantime
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 31, 2020 6:33PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Thank you thats all.

[snip]

Yeah well im not so fond of magsorcs... I feel so dirty when i play one 😂 think im just gonna go back to red dead online.. Maybe some build ideas pops up in the meantime

If you don't mind vampirism, you could go for a silly "cloud of death" build where you use mistform on top of hurricane while your pet is killing everything else. The magicka drain is probably not going to make a big difference to a stam class and the Swarming Scion transformation comes with an extra 10k magicka so even on a stamina spec, you could deal at least some damage. If that doesn't sound good then the extra 10k stamina + healing for 15% of the damage dealt for 20 seconds should sound good to you.

And if vampirism isn't for you but you own Greymoor, you could check out the new Snowtreaders Mythic item. You might not be able to sprint anymore, but with the major expedition from Hurricane and your Streak, mobility won't be an issue to you. But I am sure being immune to immobilizes and snares will be appreciated by you.
    Think about it. You will not have to use Forward Momentum or Race Against Time anymore for snare removal, which saves you time and precious stamina/magicka. In the case of Forward Momentum you can even take Rally instead for the heal.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 31, 2020 6:33PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer this set now... You have 6% more damage and defence for staying aggressive. Just my opinion though 👍
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing stamsorc for years and it's the worst stamina class atm. Even with stamblade you can make yourself a sniper and get on with it, but stamsorc is a big no no. Unless you are really really REALLY good at tower running going 5 medium is a death sentence. It was like this before greymoor and now because of decreased healing it's even worse.
    Since they took dizzy's knockback and onslaught's fun "if you kill your enemy, we'll give your ulti back!" mini game, using 2 handed is a bit meh.
    First I've changed my stamsorc to heavy armor from medium, since it is kind of impossible to kite around during the lagtime, at least for me; i'm not the best player. So heavy armor gave some good hp regen and resistances but then i lost major evasion and got jabbed to death by templars as you can imagine. Also, since it is impossible to cast a single dizzying swing during primetime i've changed to dual wield. and fixed my major evasion problem as well.
    Tried getting brp dual wield before the patch, but it didn't drop on my few tries so i just kept with heavy armor build.
    I've been playing stamsorc more like a stamdk to be honest, other than dark deal and ball of lightning/Streak no class identity.
    Now after the patch tried playing it again, and oh boy those vigors were the worst heal i've ever seen. Can't even stop healing-dodging to burst one person while fighting only 2-3.
    So tried making him a ww, but because of the magicka heal it doesn't work quite well on my current build, since i can't afford 5k magicka whenever i'm low on hp. And claws of life is just a bad ww version of vigor.

TL;DR: that heal nerf wrecked my stamsorc.
  • le_spy
    le_spy
    ✭✭✭
    lets be real brp dw in pvp was disgustingly overperforming for a year, has nothing to do with a class balance
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta say, I played cyro last night with my stamsorc. Same setup, brp, nm, AD, bs. I did surprisingly well, I was clapping people from left to right. Seems the healing nerf did more to everyone than the brp to stam. Performance also seem somewhat better. Once we got 2 locks in cyro you could feel the bad performance, not as bad.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    le_spy wrote: »
    lets be real brp dw in pvp was disgustingly overperforming for a year, has nothing to do with a class balance

I agree it was OP, but i think it was fair for classes that are forced to use dizzy swing, now wardens and necros not so much
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finehair wrote: »
    I've been playing stamsorc for years and it's the worst stamina class atm. Even with stamblade you can make yourself a sniper and get on with it, but stamsorc is a big no no. Unless you are really really REALLY good at tower running going 5 medium is a death sentence. It was like this before greymoor and now because of decreased healing it's even worse.
    Since they took dizzy's knockback and onslaught's fun "if you kill your enemy, we'll give your ulti back!" mini game, using 2 handed is a bit meh.
    First I've changed my stamsorc to heavy armor from medium, since it is kind of impossible to kite around during the lagtime, at least for me; i'm not the best player. So heavy armor gave some good hp regen and resistances but then i lost major evasion and got jabbed to death by templars as you can imagine. Also, since it is impossible to cast a single dizzying swing during primetime i've changed to dual wield. and fixed my major evasion problem as well.
    Tried getting brp dual wield before the patch, but it didn't drop on my few tries so i just kept with heavy armor build.
    I've been playing stamsorc more like a stamdk to be honest, other than dark deal and ball of lightning/Streak no class identity.
    Now after the patch tried playing it again, and oh boy those vigors were the worst heal i've ever seen. Can't even stop healing-dodging to burst one person while fighting only 2-3.
    So tried making him a ww, but because of the magicka heal it doesn't work quite well on my current build, since i can't afford 5k magicka whenever i'm low on hp. And claws of life is just a bad ww version of vigor.

TL;DR: that heal nerf wrecked my stamsorc.

Interesting, i hope you figure it out. Cant say ive felt the healing nerf yet, but im also using troll king. I just feel ppl hit insanely hard before my dizzy swing lands
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    They need to increase the duration to 6 secs or something to make it worthwhile.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    le_spy wrote: »

That's true but it's also not an excuse to nerf it into oblivion.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still less of a nerf than what they did to Arch-mage. Consider yourself lucky.