The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wow Bows are good now?

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
The last time I used a bow they really were almost useless. Now, this was a few years ago before One Tam. I never looked at a Bow since. But now I'm leveling one and it's at level 49. But I'm clearing Delves and world bosses with one. The world bosses are with other players though. Years ago I would never even try that. Nice to see that Bows got some love over the years. Or should I even post this don't want them to get nerfed?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my experience is exactly the other way round - they have been great earlier but now i don't use them anymore - ok, given that i don't have any level 50 characters. in earlier time the bow did not auto-fire and could therefore be combined with a poison arrow in one go - both got changed, now it requires higher skill level to get to this point than years ago. And I really hate that the bow auto-fires when fully drawn. So for less skilled players it got worse to the point that I don't want to put in any effort to learn them - the bow is messed up.
    Edited by Lysette on May 31, 2020 3:12PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dont use Snipe in PvP. People take offense. lol

There are actual Bow/Bow builds for PvE that might interest you. There have even been Trial clears where the DDs were nothing but Archers.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bow bow builds are viable especially warden and nightblade
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just doesn't feel like a bow with auto-fire.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They were never bad, they were worse than dual wield as a front bar option, but they were always excellent back bar options because of the strong dots.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And Necro. Don't forget Necro.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My StamSorc uses a bow on one bar, he clears the room with that thing. Bows are awesome.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bows are def making a comeback after GM
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a Lvl 50 with cp Warden.
    Edited by Castagere on May 31, 2020 6:08PM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly pretty mediocre IMO there's better dps sources.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on September 23, 2021 8:31AM
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly pretty mediocre there's better dps sources.

Yeah, I'm not chasing DPS sources. Just playing the game and having fun.