The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for new update mag warden?

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so... the character is already built but not at all equipped for the new update. I play on Xbox and obviously haven’t tried the PTS. I’ll give you something to go on but please realize this is all subject to change I just want good advice. Umm okay I don’t want to NOT be a mag warden and I don’t want to race change. Am currently a dark elf.

Attributes: 10, 10, rest in magic

Wearing 5 light 2 heavy

For all types of non cp pvp... but let’s say not necessarily zerging I want a self sufficient build.

Currently he’s stage 4 vampire and has access to the mages guild.

It sounds like most people don’t like the new vampire a whole lot. Is that right? And it seems like penetration is crazy and the new tanky might be in positioning and percentage based mitigation’s? Is that right?

I feel like lots of Templar’s and magblades are probably trying to make this work I think between undeath passive, northern storm, ice fortress, and minor maim from occasional ice damage?? I think I can really make a warden work.

Valkyn skoria is what he wears now. In my opinion it’s getting buffed so hopefully I can continue wearing that. Or will I need other skills instead of my dots for this to work??

I already have a set of impen triglyphed Amber plasm for the body. I understand this set is getting buffed also is that right? Would it be dumb to put the extra health recovery on a vampire? Should I just do everything I’m talking about but cure vampire first? Lol be honest.

And the biggest question? What other 5 piece goes good with all that? Pariah comes to mind if I’m a vampire. Will I do any damage that way? Or I could just mist form around, backbar clever alchemist, and use a black rose lightening staff.

Open to advice!

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Vampire worth it if you use vamp skills like mist/the vamp stun/the vamp spammable etc(stage 1 or 2)... And vamp high stages(3-4), only if you sue the vamp ulti. If you don't use any of the vamp skills, cure the vamp.

-Amber plasm very good set and very flexible, you can pair it almost with everything. If you are stage 4 vamp that uses mist form very frequently, there are better sustain sets out-there.

-Valkyn skoria always good option of non CP.

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire isn’t really worth it in my opinion and somewhat counters magdens natural ability to stack a bunch of hots. That ability to do so is even stronger in Greymoor due to the nerf to heals.

They also indirectly get a buff in terms of area control. Literally the best in the game for area offense and defense. Aoe defile, aoe heals, a hot, aoe damage, aoe major protection and even can include major mending being more valuable.

Minor vulnerability becomes even stronger next update + snare aoe /defile builds will be stronger. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another rise in magdens once people catch on, at least in terms of magic based players.

I think you should play to the class strengths and use what works for you. I started playing mine again this week and I just stuck with necropotence , Winterborn and (sometimes skoria) troll king. All which will offer a balance of support damage, healing and utility.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on May 31, 2020 9:08PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should play to the class strengths and use what works for you. I started playing mine again this week and I just stuck with necropotence , Winterborn and (sometimes skoria) troll king. All which will offer a balance of support damage, healing and utility.

That sounds very strong if not meta I’m currently running mine in robes of the hist and bright throat with infused spell damage jewelry. Inferno and lightning. Didn’t want to be a frost tank or max mag variety. I run mine like a surprisingly tanky mini bomber. I do batswarm instead of northern storm.

Sounds like you know what you’re talking about and think I should cure it. I don’t even use mist form currently so... in response to the other person... I’ll prolly try stage 4 and if I don’t like the ultimate immediately cure it.

I have necro and amber plasm, unfortunately both for body. Assuming I use amberplasm what can I use for jewelry and weapons? I’d prefer it be backbarrable so I can potentially make use of a mythic or arena weapon. The only thing I can think of is alchemist. And then I’d probably move my 10 health points back into magic or something like that.

How good does the vampire ultimate seem? Lol

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

That sounds very strong if not meta I’m currently running mine in robes of the hist and bright throat with infused spell damage jewelry. Inferno and lightning. Didn’t want to be a frost tank or max mag variety. I run mine like a surprisingly tanky mini bomber. I do batswarm instead of northern storm.

Sounds like you know what you’re talking about and think I should cure it. I don’t even use mist form currently so... in response to the other person... I’ll prolly try stage 4 and if I don’t like the ultimate immediately cure it.

I have necro and amber plasm, unfortunately both for body. Assuming I use amberplasm what can I use for jewelry and weapons? I’d prefer it be backbarrable so I can potentially make use of a mythic or arena weapon. The only thing I can think of is alchemist. And then I’d probably move my 10 health points back into magic or something like that.

How good does the vampire ultimate seem? Lol

Yeah if you’re not going to use the skills I don’t think the pros outweigh the cons. Even if you just use the ult it’s not too appealing. There’s making a tanky health build that ironically is a good synergy with magden but it looks like you’re against that.

And honestly I’m not too sure what to run for just back barring, I’m usually 5/5/2ing it. Although I’d say go with a set that compliments the build , so if for example you want damage choose one with that or one that carries over to your front bar such as spell power cure.

As far as the ult goes I haven’t tried it out yet.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks. Yea I normally 5 5 2 as well and feel more than capable. I’m worried that with mythic items that won’t be true anymore.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    You could run willpower/ancient grace and master's lightning for the patch. I would change the monster set, skoria, though to either Balorghs or something else tbh.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes good idea ty. I have balorgs and it’s almost certainly better. Skoria just makes me laugh so much ;p
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    2x Balorghs - Medium Shoulders, Heavy Helmet

1x Masters Lightning Staff

5x Bright-Throat - Light Body

3x Crafty - Jewelry
    2x Crafty - Snb

This is what I have come up with for next patch. Was also thinking taking Crafty out and having Armor Master.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »

3x Crafty - Jewelry
    2x Crafty - Snb

This is what I have come up with for next patch. Was also thinking taking Crafty out and having Armor Master.

Crafty back bar only and on a Warden? What?
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »

3x Crafty - Jewelry
    2x Crafty - Snb

Crafty back bar only and on a Warden? What?

Was thinking Necro, but it all served the same purpose to add mag, but I think I might try the Armor Master for a nice tough backbar, and good dmg on the front bar
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinner's is a great front bar set on magden, or at least it was last patch when i played her. You could do amberplasm, buy some cheap spinners jewels and get that set piece front bar lightning staff [ i think it's called something's femur, its an easy drop from a WB and it goes for decent price on guild store] that way you can have backbar for arena sets.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I want max mag I have necro for body and bright throat jewels n weps. Should probably be doing so now but didn’t want or have to. Is bubbling still a viable form of defense in the new update or do people just shred through them?

Front barring spinners is also a good idea. Could backbar something for defense or just use a mythic or arena weapon if I can still survive as double destro like now.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these builds sound straight up like console builds
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these builds sound straight up like console builds

And your point? PC builds are no better than console builds since so many pc players use builds from zDan and isthereno1else. I have yet to find a unique pc build that console players don't use in the last few patches.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons