The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag DK pairing elf bane with... several options. Need some advice

jan.denaanb16_ESO
jan.denaanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Heya,

I'm a returning player to this game. I always play Mag DK but I missed the OP asylum build time period. I'm looking to run elf bane tho but I cant choose what to pair with this set...

I was thinking new moon acolyte because I cant seem to get a siroria destro staff to drop. I also have mothers sorrow available atm...

So Elf bane + new moon or Elf bane + mothers sorrow... Would any of these be a viable option?

Prob monster helm will be ilambris or grothdarr 'cos my zaan helm decided to drop in heavy only -.-
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could always drop a monster set if the staff don't drop. Zaan doesn't work with elf bane anymore. If you do dungeons, elf bane isn't that great as burst damage seam to win. You don't need 15-20 sec fire dots on mobs that dies within 4 sec and boss fights lasting just a few seconds as well. If you still want to run it, grothdarr is best if you are melee and also easier to hit mobs if the tank doesn't stack since it follows you. If you are range and/or tank stacking mobs well, ilambris sounds a bit better.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Ulthlian
    Ulthlian
    ✭✭✭
    Is Skoria worth something these days? Or Ilambris will be significantly better? For ranged build with Elf Bane of course.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running it with Grothdarr and Overwhelming surge. But I only solo so there's no complaints.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ulthlian wrote: »
    Is Skoria worth something these days? Or Ilambris will be significantly better? For ranged build with Elf Bane of course.

Ilambris. The buff it received in Greymoor was quite nice.

Edit: found a vid from Liko comparing the mag monster sets https://youtu.be/SeumnYFH0P4
    Edited by Cerbolt on May 31, 2020 6:02PM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna run elfbane your best bet is pairing it with a set that has minor slayer passive, ie false gods, siroria or that dmg/regen on synergy from MoL. You definitely don't want to drop a monster set if you decide running elf bane cause it pairs nice with either illambris for static non moving targets or grothgar for mad cleave that follows you around. You could try either spell strategist for single target or mother's sorrow if you got no luck getting trial weapons, but i'd stay away from new moon acolyte on dk unless using vamp spammable cause their sustain is already atrocious.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up a monster helm with Elf Bane. In order to have Maelstrom back bar and Master's front bar on my Mag DK. Though as pointed out previously this is really only useful in fights that already last a long time. The nice thing going that route is it can be easier to get those weapons than it is getting other trial weapons. In addition to Mother's Sorrow and Spell Strat, Burning Spell Weave and Scathing Mage are also nice.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • jan.denaanb16_ESO
    jan.denaanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I use the vamp spammable. Its been pretty good so far.
    Using elf bane with mothers sorrow justgive me low Spell damage i feel...

Damn siroria staff just wont drop
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your Critical% would be low but Elemental Succession is a fantastic set as well.

Hard to run non-FG though without being a Breton post-Asylum nerf as a magDK.