The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Build options

Rolandaxx
Rolandaxx
✭✭✭
I’ve been playing with the uesp build editor and need some help deciding between 2 builds.

The choice is 43,960 mag/2852 dam/46.6% crit chance vs 40,500/3007/51.8%. Critical dam is 75% for both with all other stats equal (regen, health, resistance, penetration, 610 cp).

Both builds would include New Moon Acolyte.The toon is a PvE solo magplar, with the editor giving a negligible spell damage edge to the latter.

Is there a real difference here? Or other things to consider? Thanks
Edited by Rolandaxx on May 31, 2020 3:11AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check out your damage tooltips on the UESP (such as Radiant Destruction), and see which tooltip is higher, @Rolandaxx.

The wildcard, though, is what are you doing for magicka regen?

You can't cast skills with no magicka ... even if you started at 44k. And New Moon, of course, does not help with sustain.

• Rolandaxx
    Rolandaxx
    ✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities Regen is 1260 supplemented by channeled focus, radiant aura, pots & HA.

I'm trying to determine (3460 magicka) >=< (155 dam + 5.2 crit).

Skill tooltips (not effective spell damage) are about 2.5% higher for the 44k magicka build—is the critical chance factored into the tooltip number? If so then there's my answer I think.

BTW I appreciate the response :)