Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store incoherence

HawkFest
HawkFest
✭✭✭
There's a misleading/incoherence usability issue, with the Crown Store vs ESO Plus accounts. I wanted to play Greymoore. Since I also have an ESO Plus account, I thought that maybe I can access it now... But the issue here isn't about some delay between buying the DLC and having access via an ESO Plus account.
I have ESO+ and tried to start Greymoor via a wayshrine, but the game says that it's locked and that I must upgrade. So i click "upgrade", then it takes me to the crown store to purchase it, HOWEVER the UI tells me that its ALREADY purchased and the button to purchase it is grayed out (I can't click it to buy the DLC). On one hand it says that I don't have it that I must upgrade, but on the other hand it says that I've already purchased it: there's no clue whatsoever suggesting that having an ESO Plus account, there's a delay before accessing the DLC and I must buy it from the Web Site if I want to play it now. In this regard the Crown Store's message is misleading/incorrect/incoherent.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a visual bug in the crown store; has nothing to do with ESO+.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6781526/#Comment_6781526

The greyed out link would open a browser video with the page to buy Greymoor, so currently if you want to buy the chapter you have to navigate there manually.
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    It's just a visual bug in the crown store; has nothing to do with ESO+.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6781526/#Comment_6781526

The greyed out link would open a browser video with the page to buy Greymoor, so currently if you want to buy the chapter you have to navigate there manually.
    No it was greyed out and didn't react to click... But for the rest, in other words you're essentially repeating what I wrote lamo. And it's not a visual bug: it's a logical error (inducing a misleading information, since it doesn't say it must be bought from the web site or steam, while suggesting that it can be bought from the in-game UI).

Thus I don't understand why you've replied, if not for trying to justify the marketing staff's laziness in addressing such evidence. It looks like a cool job, where can I apply ;-P
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    You do know that the Greymoor is not (at least for now) categorised as a DLC, but rather a new chapter in ESO terminology, and therefore is not included in the ESO+? You need to purchase the Greymoor chapter separately to be able to access it. Apologies if I’m misinterpreting your post.
    Edited by pihlaja on September 30, 2020 1:06AM
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    pihlaja wrote: »
    You do know that the Greymoor is not (at least for now) categorised as a DLC, but rather a new chapter in ESO terminology, and therefore is not included in the ESO+? You need to purchase the Greymoor chapter separately to be able to access it. Apologies if I’m misinterpreting your post.
    That was not the point, and I won't repeat myself: just read the previous posts (in fact, it is part of the issue, as a consequence: I had to search the Web and lose time in order to know this, which should not happen, even marketing-wise). Thanks and have a good continuation.