The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ancestral Bretons!

Reistoph
Reistoph
✭✭
ZOS, if you already have this, please release ASAP!
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Wut?

Ya know, Ancestral motif is like upgraded versions of racial motif, as in-game racial motif is looks like just wrapped around your body, especially heavy armor and it's hideous. Have you take a look at Ancestral Nord, Orc, Altmer. Ancestral Nord especially, are very cool looking and no more wrapping around the body.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go back far enough and it would just be Ancestral Altmer and Ancestral Nedic -- i.e., before Bretons even were a thing.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is they will add more Ancestral motifs in the next 2 chapters.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odds are we'll see the remaining 7 Main Races (Although really, Imperial isn't in as dire need of a visual upgrade as the others) receive Ancestral Motifs trickle out through future content.

I'm just curious on HOW they will be distributed. Will it still be via Antiquities, therefore requiring the Greymoor Chapter, or eventually, Antiquities upgrade?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reistoph wrote: »
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Wut?

Ya know, Ancestral motif is like upgraded versions of racial motif.

There is nothing in the title or the OP that explains this has to do with a motif. It does help to actually explain what the point of the thread actually is.