The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] [MYTHIC ITEM] Malacath Band of Brutality - Bonus bugged (approximately 15%)

Nerhesi
Nerhesi
✭✭✭✭
Morning all,

I've been running tests for a few hours with this mythic item it is definitely not resulting in a 25% damage increase. Here were my test parameters:

-One-to-One comparisson with identical stats, sets and skills - but having only a 1 set bonus and having either a regular ring or the ring of malacath to see the damage difference.
-Aside from the unique bonus, the ring of malacath and the regular ring are both gold, arcane, spellpower.
-Using dots, DDs, AoE DDs and channels to test the damage.
-Elemental and straight magic damage.

The following abilities were tested:
Soul Assault
Stalking Blast Bones
Degeneration
Crushing Shock
Light Attack
Heavy Attack

They were tested on net zero resist target - The precursor Target dummy. Zero resists were confirmed as all spells had the same damage with or without major breach on the target. I have light armor, lover stone and I'm CP810 - so basically I've confirmed the target has no resists interfering with the testing.

In all cases, the damage bonus was almost 15%. This makes me wonder as to true value and effectiveness of this ring. Is the supposed bonus (25%) being multiplied in prior to other multiplicative effects?

In any case, you are definitely not benefiting from 25% damage in ANY of the tested scenarios. Any thoughts?
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT:

There is an interaction with CPs here but even with all CPs removed it was still not 25%.
    This is looking more like a bug at best, and a really big trap choice at worst.

You are giving up a set bonus... and major buffs/debuffs are applied at the end, in a multiplicative. For example, you hit something with minor vulnerability, it will take 8% extra damage (true 8%) after all CPs and other factors are applied.

But as it stands now, this doesn't even give you 25% even should you have some other bonuses. Any ideas as to what else is figured into here?
    Edited by Nerhesi on May 30, 2020 5:37PM
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reconfirm as I've conducted testing on other characters with Zero CP spent, even at level 1 with light attack and single abilities.

Something is off in the calculation for this bonus.

Have this ring give Major Berserk rather than the current bonus for an easy fix or have an untyped buff that does the same. The current "hidden" 25% bonus mechanic isnt functioning quite up to specc.

Even if it was and this is due to the order in which this multiplicative addition happens... you should probably reconsider implementing this as a multiplicative advantage at the very end... rather than a subpar nested addition to CPs or so (Basically, just like how minor and major berserk work).

Edited by Nerhesi on June 1, 2020 3:49PM