The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What was the point of putting Siphon back on the GCD?

NupidStoob
NupidStoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Skill still doesn't work properly with multiple Necros involved. It constantly greys out when another Necros corpses are on top of your own which in case of multiple people using blastbones happens constantly. There was no fix to Siphon, but yet you put it back on the gcd making it once again very frustrating to use.

Two small changes would make the ability a lot more satisfying to use:

1. Let it target any corpse, there are always enough corpses with multiple necros in a fight.
2. Don't force your char to turn towards the corpse as this is just incredibly clunky if a corpse is somewhere to the side or even behind you.

The class is a year old now. If you are unable to fix it how about you swallow your pride and rework the ability into something we can actually use without getting frustrated at it.

On that note blastbones is also still incredibly wonky. Mostly you can cast it 1in3, but every so often it forces you to be 1in4 or even 5. Same here, just swallow your pride and give it a fixed cooldown so we can finally have a reliable ability.
  • Asmoxian
    Asmoxian
    Tonight in vSS I stared at a pile of corpses and no matter how I tried to target them siphon would not light up or work. We had 4 necros in the group and the corpses were on the ground between the stack of dps and the dragon's feet. Magcro is by far my favorite class to play, but anymore it's been put on the shelf because of broken skills. PLEASE fix siphon and blastbones.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a lot they need to fix with the class. The siphon and Stalking Blastbones's secondary effect both need to get fixed. I'm still playing my Magcro no matter what, [snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 6, 2020 1:39PM
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what to do, guys : )
    They need to copy/paste mechanic of templar's repentance cos it works perfect and as siphon must work. Every templar can use every corpse even if it used by another templar, by another necr, by another anyone. Your char do not turn to it, do not think will he use that skill or not .

Repentance, just copy paste it with only one difference: animation of interaction with the corpse should remain throughout the skill.
    ???
    Profit.
    Edited by Veles on June 6, 2020 7:00AM
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    This. And boneyard. I bar swap to activate it but no animation on the ground but my addon says the timer ability is active.

Same thing happens when I press skeletal mage.

Another bug, when I've been forced to spam light attacks, because the game is so unoptimised and the latency is so bad, my character gets stuck in the light animation pose.

And fix up the entire vampire skill line while you're at it.

I would rather get no dungeons for Q3 if it meant you tick off more bug fixes.
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, I'd noticed siphon wasn't activating properly more often. Hopefully they can fix that soon.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sibenice wrote: »
    Man, I'd noticed siphon wasn't activating properly more often. Hopefully they can fix that soon.

Most likely in Q3 release.
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm everything described in this thread. Last night I did back to back trial runs, one with other necros, one with just me, and it was night and day the difference in how siphon worked. When there was another necro around, there was no point in even trying to use siphon because it was pretty much guaranteed to fail.