The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Hide Shoulders" please.

TropicsDelight
TropicsDelight
✭✭✭
This would be an extremely easy thing to implement and it would be a massive boon for building certain looks and styles.

Most of the robes in the game are build with a lot of design in the neck and shoulder areas and look vastly better with no shoulders than they do with any shoulder available in game. People are going so far as to buy the most minimalist shoulders they can find to have the least amount of effect on the look they are trying to create (aka honor shoulders) and these are costing a premium in game because of how many people want to get rid of the football shoulder pads.

Costumes are pretty much universally devoid of shoulders, but any build using the outfit station with actual craftable armor is severely hampered by the fact shoulders cannot be hidden and the vast majority of them ruin the look many people are going for.

The only way to otherwise get rid of the shoulders is to run without shoulders at all, and that is not an option for obvious reasons.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It would also be nice if we could do something about the hip, groin and butt flaps that plague most of the chest pieces.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been asked for many times ever since the outfit system became available and I hope they get around to it soon it is much needed in my opinion
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. It would also be nice if we could do something about the hip, groin and butt flaps that plague most of the chest pieces.

I don't even know what those things are. There was a robe I found that I loved the look of until I saw the massive bird cages stuck to each hip... And it is not one robe, almost every freaking one has the things.

Not sure who keeps adding those to robes but FFS please stawp!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. There's a reason I've been wearing nothing but costumes for years
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    What is interesting is that on PTS servers long time ago such feature were available, somebody even posted a screenshot as proof...
    Wish we could hide not just shoulders but chest\hand pieces as well, else what point of all these body tattoo..or at least some nice chest pieces like Sai Sahan's.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh pretty pretty please yes, it ruins so many cool armours. Also the sai sahan top is nice and looks stupid with shoulders especially if you want to show a tattoo of.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't believe you write this because that is why I went to this section to ask what those things are for and why they put them on because they look absolutly stupid. They hang wrong and it just does not look right when wearing trousers.

Are they supposed to protect the manhood of male players? (Although I do not thing they give much protection) So why are they still on there for female players
  • LostGamer
    LostGamer
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. It would be great to have a check box on every worn equipment slot so it's view could be turned on/off.