The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"None of us is getting any younger"

Alphawolf01A
Alphawolf01A
✭✭✭✭✭
So help me, I'm going to smack the points off his ears if I hear that one more time.

I often turn multiple Master Crafting Writs at a time and he seems to get stuck on that phrase.

Start the interaction with him, "None of us is getting any younger"
Click on the writ to turn in, "None of us is getting any younger"
Accept the reward, "None of us is getting any younger"

X6, X8, X10 writs, "None of us is getting any younger"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left off the "you know"
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Between tythis and rolis why are dark elves so dang annoying. I turn my volume down when I’m turning in all my writs.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    Left off the "you know"

I thought there was more to it. I button mash as quickly as possible to try to keep from hearing it. LOL
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jthomas56 wrote: »
    Between tythis and rolis why are dark elves so dang annoying. I turn my volume down when I’m turning in all my writs.

If I have a lot of writs, I try to mute it, unless I have my headset on and I'm in guild chat.

Glad I'm not the only one that's annoyed by him. And Tythis can be a pain when he won't stand still when I'm trying to access the bank. He likes to walk past me when I click on him, or he disappears and then reappears behind me for some reason.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 characters that drive me up the wall, in deed the one you mention, then Stuga gosh woman shut up don't look for me you send me a letter now kssst go away.
    And argonian banker in Stormhaven saying "I erect the spine of blablabla"

I love most of the dialogue in this game I enjoy listening to the npc's and 9 out of 10 times let them actually finnish what they are saying, especially in quests. But these 3 bloody hell they are stuck on a loop please mix it up.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jthomas56 wrote: »

Reeeee
    It's not the dark elves, it's the Hlaalu.

Hash tag, not all dunmer.
    Edited by vestahls on June 2, 2020 9:44AM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    What I usually hear is "Nuh", "Nuh", "Nuh", ... Getting his reply as short as possible is like a writ mini-game.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    What I usually hear is "Nuh", "Nuh", "Nuh", ... Getting his reply as short as possible is like a writ mini-game.

Likewise, as hearing that line over and over (and over and over and over......) gives me an involuntary eye switch.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Do you know how long I have been looking for you?"
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Do you know how long I have been looking for you?"

Forgot about that one (or maybe I blocked it out. LOL)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one that drove me nuts (until I figured out how to make it go away} was the Elsweyr "prompt" NPCs

"Can you believe it! Dragons! In your own homeland"

The NPCs were right next to the crafting bountyboard and I had to hear it over and over on 10 of my 11 characters as they tried to do their daily crafting. Then I realized that if I went to Elsweyr and did the first couple Zone story quests (usually to the first skill point reward), The NPCs disappeared and peace (and sanity) was restored. For the time being.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 5, 2020 8:52AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one that drove me nuts (until I figured out how to make it go away} was the Elsweyr "prompt" NPCs

The NPCs were right next to the crafting bountyboard and I had to hear it over and over on 10 of my 11 characters as they tried to do their daily crafting. Then I realized that if I went to Elsweyr and did the first couple Zone story quests (usually to the first skill point reward), The NPCs disappeared and peace (and sanity) was restored. For the time being.

Hey do you know which zone quests to complete to get those two Elsweyr people to shut up? And also if you do the Elsweyr quests first, can you go back and do the prologue quest?

I don't know why ZOS just doesn't get RID OF THEM since Greymoor launched. Or at LEAST put their conversation on a timer so that they don't repeat this just because you walked 5 feet away from them and came back.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    His alternative lines are pretty good. The mix of lines he uses should be more even.

E.g., " ... the least you could have done is bring me a pillow." :)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Hey do you know which zone quests to complete to get those two Elsweyr people to shut up? And also if you do the Elsweyr quests first, can you go back and do the prologue quest?

Just start the main Northern Elsweyr zone story quest and keep going till you get a skill point. I believe it's about 6 quest steps. Sounds like a lot but they are really small "Go here, talk to someone. Go there, talk to someone". Eventually you get to a cave or mine and fight a necromancer and then speak to a dragon outside of the cave. Return to Abnur Tharn and get a skillpoint then the NPCs will disappear from the base game.

And yes, you can do the Prologue quests at any time, before or after.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 6, 2020 11:38AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just start the main Northern Elsweyr zone story quest and keep going till you get a skill point. I believe it's about 6 quest steps. Sounds like a lot but they are really small "Go here, talk to someone. Go there, talk to someone". Eventually you get to a cave or mine and fight a necromancer and then speak to a dragon outside of the cave. Return to Abnur Tharn and get a skillpoint then the NPCs will disappear from the base game.

And yes, you can do the Prologue quests at any time, before or after.

THANK YOU!!!!! Seriously, you're a LIFESAVER!

I am so happy that I don't have to do the ENTIRE zone questline on all my alts just to make them disappear. I already did Elsweyr once on my main; it would have been annoying to have to do all of Elsweyr 10 more times....

FINALLY MY WRITS WILL BE IN PEACE. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU (platonically, of course)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suffered through it as well. I do daily crafting on 11 characters and it drove me crazy till I realized the NPCs weren't there on my main so I experimented with on character till they disappeared, Then rinse and repeat for the other 10.

Glad I could help.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 8, 2020 2:04PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nedras?! A thief?!

Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds familiar. Where's that at?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds familiar. Where's that at?

Banker in Marbruk, Greenshade.

His dialog changes to this once you complete one of the local side quests and is how he greets you from then on.

I have been hearing this shrill statement for over 4 years now with every interaction in that bank!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grahtwood "All this way and for nothing!"

OMG you'd think he would just go back home and quick complaining.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My star-eyed bride of Alinor
    Lost in storm and spray
    My star-eyed bride of Alinor
    That cruel fate took away"

36 characters doing writs... most of them in Alinor... lol
    Edited by tmbrinks on June 8, 2020 7:52PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    36! OUCH!

I have 11 and that gets rough sometimes.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Lost in storm and spray

You can avoid it (sometimes) by interacting with all the characters to let them have their say. Then it only comes up sometimes (without him being around) - he sings as a ghost. Though it always happens if you enter into the room in Alinor when you first login. That is REALLY annoying!

He doesn't sing well, so the lady telling him that is lying.

The problem with this one is that it is so long.

The "not getting younger" is definitely annoying. Can't he just shut up about it once I have heard it once in that session?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play on mute pretty much all the time unless I'm doing new story quests or engaging in combat. Other annoying characters are those 2 NPCs that show up at various points throughout Elsweyr talking about whatever. I never even listened to their conversation the first time, since they go on and on and it takes a good distance before you don't hear them any more.

Same with the two Shields of Senchal NPCs standing by the wayshrine in Senchal. You hear them EVERY time you port there and got to either pick up or turn in the dailies.

I find those dumb repeated conversations more annoying than hearing the same phrase from Rolis, or any other merchant NPC. Just mute, and problem solved.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do want to stab the guard that says Estre was the true queen. Isn't he a traitor?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst are the three conversations going on almost in the same area near the crafting area in Lilmoth, Murkmire.

Unlike other areas, the conversation gets restarted EVERY TIME YOU WALK THROUGH THERE!!!!

“I’m going to head out to the new Root-Whisper Village, want to come along?”

“I may have chosen the wrong bait”

“”Have you heard that Cyrodiilic Collections managed to obtain the golden skull of Beela-Kar.”

Trust me, I could keep all three convos going if you’re really interested.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So help me, I'm going to smack the points off his ears if I hear that one more time.

I often turn multiple Master Crafting Writs at a time and he seems to get stuck on that phrase.

Start the interaction with him, "None of us is getting any younger"
    Click on the writ to turn in, "None of us is getting any younger"
    Accept the reward, "None of us is getting any younger"

X6, X8, X10 writs, "None of us is getting any younger"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't deliver master writs very often but each time I deliver master writs it it's like 20-30 times of "None of us is getting any younger".... lol
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost in storm and spray

You can avoid it (sometimes) by interacting with all the characters to let them have their say. Then it only comes up sometimes (without him being around) - he sings as a ghost. Though it always happens if you enter into the room in Alinor when you first login. That is REALLY annoying!

The "not getting younger" is definitely annoying. Can't he just shut up about it once I have heard it once in that session?

I've spoken to all of them several times, on several 'toons, and they still wont shut up.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed something today with Rolis's "None of us" line. He says the line with 2 different inflections of his voice. One is sort of bored and the other is kind of snarky. I think the line of dialogue exists twice, making him more prone to saying it.

I did about 60 MC writs today so I heard it ALOT! (Backlogged since Greymoor release on console)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Lost in storm and spray

I've spoken to all of them several times, on several 'toons, and they still wont shut up.

Some of that depends on where you are standing when you login to the character. You are usually fine if you are outside that room. Logging in with a character in the room always brings on the song and follow-on comments.

He will sometimes sing without being there, but that is much less common.
    PC
    PS4/PS5