Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's one year later. Are they never going to fix the Tardis?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I gave them one year to shake out the bugs from Elsweyr and I'm surprised to see the Catspaw bank is still bigger on the inside than the outside.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    The gap between North and South Elsweyr drives me nuts.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I gave them one year to shake out the bugs from Elsweyr and I'm surprised to see the Catspaw bank is still bigger on the inside than the outside.

And how do you want to fix this? How many people and pets can fit inside as it looks from the outside?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

And how do you want to fix this? How many people and pets can fit inside as it looks from the outside?

How about you go and have a look at the building first. Your comment is actually irrelevant.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 29, 2020 10:24AM
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Both in Skyrim and Greymoor, Proudspire Manor is also bigger inside.

In Skyrim i never noticed that.
    But in ESO more houses having differences between the outside and inside, i now pay more attention to that.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both in Skyrim and Greymoor, Proudspire Manor is also bigger inside.

In Skyrim i never noticed that.
    But in ESO more houses having differences between the outside and inside, i now pay more attention to that.

Most of the houses in Solitude do not have matching interiors and exteriors. This is true for both Skyrim and ESO. The different scale in ESO, i.e. buildings and the world being larger in general in comparison to the model used for people, gives a slight bit more leeway on fitting the interiors to their exteriors. Like the interior of the Fletcher shop in Skyrim (what I think is the enchanter shop in ESO - Didn't get Greymoor so can't go re-check it.) When you enter that building, you will notice a large room on your right, where as in the exterior, that is where the gateway to the Castle Dour courtyard is located. That room exist in some sort of magical null space void.

In ESO that space is, relatively speaking larger compared to the entrance doorway, which is scaled to the character model. So there is a tad bit more space for that room to exist, but not enough really. So it still is some weird sub-dimensional mumbo jumbo space.

The really big violator in Solitude is the inn. Winking Skeever in Skyrim and something else in Greymoor, don't remember what it is called. That interior is utterly impossible to fit inside the building that exist in the exterior. Sigh. The doorway and windows do not match the, and the general layout is of a different shape. An unbelievably bad job altogether.

And Proudspire... Double sigh on that one. There is a mod on Nexus called "Architecturally Sound Proudspire" or something along those lines. It tries to make the interior match the exterior. I personally spend dozens of hours fiddling with things on the editor to make a sensible version of Proudspire for my own use. There is absolutely no way I will be willing to try to fix that issue with the limited ways housing system permits in ESO. And even less chance of me trying to live with the inconsistencies. So Proudspire in ESO is something I would not accept, even if it was given free to me.

Interiors matching their exterior does matter - and yes, the bank in Rimmen is another horrible offender and should be fixed. There is this belief, among devs in game industry, that it doesn't matter and that people don't pay any attention to it. And to some extend it is true. A lot of people do not notice these things, at first that is. It is something that most people will eventually notice, and after you have noticed it, you start to pay more attention to it, and the more you see it, the more it annoys you.

I remember playing Kingdom Come Deliverance for the first time. I had been on a rather long and intense Skyrim romp, going through bunch of mod quests and dungeons. I then shifted over to playing KCD for a while, and after a few days it really struck me hard - the fact that since there is no exterior/interior divide in that game, all the interiors match the exteriors of the buildings! And as an added bonus, you could actually look out from a window and see the world!

With more and more seamless worlds coming out with newer engines, this stupid practice is bound to go the way of the dodo, but for games that still split exteriors and interiors - the devs really should pay attention to making them at least plausibly similar in shape. It doesn't take that much extra effort, and as an added bonus, the game will become more immersive and engaging and just feel more believable in genreal.

But sadly, ZOS devs don't give a rats ass about things like that.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I’d rather them focus on fixing big issues like latency, cyrodiil (but I repeat myself), even other housing issues before worrying about something like this. If they never fix this I would be ok.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there something wrong with Tardises (Tardi?)? Maybe the bank is meant to transport us through time and space and no one has figured that out yet!!!
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never noticed, i'll go have a look .....i'm very curious now lol
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you.

I would love it if they took the time to make the inside and outside of houses, especially player houses, match.

I have kind of made my peace with the fact that they generally don't, but I would still far prefer it if they did.

Hunding's should have far more windows at the back, for example.

Then you have the Alinor Townhouse, which is pretty gorgeous in general, but doesn't even have windows, at all, on the ground floor. :neutral:
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest offender is Grand Psijic Villa and it's window to a wall, while outside you can see window above doors. If they didn't fixed that from 2 years ago, they will never fix anything like that, don't get your hopes up.
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gap between North and South Elsweyr drives me nuts.

The gap between West Skyrim and Wrothgar is even worse. Granted that's probably where the Reach is going, but still...
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new clothing and enchanting shops in Solitude are really bad for this as well. The insides don't match what appears on the outside at all.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That isn't important. They need to spend time fixing important issues. Inside vs outside scale is not an issue worth fixing.