The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Queen's Elegance Set change feedback

Spacefish2323
Spacefish2323
✭✭✭
Hello,

I've been playing ESO from the start and have been using the Queen's Elegance set since the One Tamriel overland set overhaul. I am really disappointed in the changes made by the Greymoor patch. I invested a lot of game time in golding out a few sets of this jewelry for PvE and PvP traits.

"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance" a wise writer said. The change took this set from one of the most elegant, straightforward damage sets in the game ("Increases Light and Heavy Attack damage by 20%) and turned it into a clumsy, two proc-like buffs jungling hybrid sustain set ("When you use a Light Attack you reduce the Health, Magicka, or Stamina cost of your next active ability by 10%. When you use a fully charged Heavy Attack you increase the damage of your next direct damage attack by 2610 against the first enemy you hit. These bonuses only last 2 seconds and are consumed upon use."... good grief). I feel like there was a majestic urn or piece of art in a museum that was smashed and replaced by some cheap plastic toy with lots of blinking LEDs and an annoying sound effect.

Anyway, I've always been on the casual-side and this set let me do adequate damage for veteran content with a really simple rotation on my Magicka Sorc and NB. Quite sorry to see it be changed basically beyond recognition. I know it had a place among cheesy PvP builds focused on stacking Overload, but that had already been out of style for several patches and could have been fixed by having it just not apply to that one skill.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally i liked the old Elegance set but i also like the new one, got a couple of builds in mind and i'm looking forward to use it.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    Personally i liked the old Elegance set but i also like the new one, got a couple of builds in mind and i'm looking forward to use it.

Spoiler alert, the light and heavy attacks have to hit a target for the set houses to activate, which means you won't be able to weave most skills with as la/ha for fire staves have atrocious travel time xD
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Spoiler alert, the light and heavy attacks have to hit a target for the set houses to activate, which means you won't be able to weave most skills with as la/ha for fire staves have atrocious travel time xD

That's fine to me, even when running destro i'm usually at melee range. Got used to it when i changed to melee skills to counter the old DK wings.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's fine to me, even when running destro i'm usually at melee range. Got used to it when i changed to melee skills to counter the old DK wings.

Debating it on my magplar for that same reason. Usually in melee range with my fire staff because I’m stacking AOE’s between LA and jabs. Using MS with Seducer now though so not sure what difference I will really see.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Debating it on my magplar for that same reason. Usually in melee range with my fire staff because I’m stacking AOE’s between LA and jabs. Using MS with Seducer now though so not sure what difference I will really see.

Why fire staff instead of lightning if you stack AoEs?
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we wonder why we have Lag... "Mistakes were made" all around...
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 lucky drops both MS Inferno infused. Spent all my transmute stones on my stam char so eventually when I get the lightning staves Of any type I’ll transmute them.
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on May 29, 2020 6:13AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2 lucky drops both MS Inferno infused. Spent all my transmute stones on my stam char so eventually when I get the lightning staves Of any type I’ll transmute them.

@Everest_Lionheart If you want a guaranteed mother sorrow lightning staff there's a quest that gives one. Don't remember the name of the quest, but you can find it in the argonian settlement close to Darkshade Caverns iirc.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magsorc has long toyed with perhaps using Elegance. Not any more. Ugh.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I'd always meant to try out the old version on my sorc, but the new version seems like it would be more useful. The light attack proc improves your sustain while weaving, and the heavy attack proc gives you back some of the dps lost while winding up. Granted, it's not really a damage set anymore with these changes--but as a sustain set with a little damage on top it's not bad.