Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magden non meta? Maybe?

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay first things first... long time player first time poster. Xbox, na, pvp, no cp mostly, bgs and cyrodil small scale. What uuuup :)

Where I play magdens are considered pretty meh. Frost tanks sure... healers sure... necropotence build eeeeh maybe one or two. Everyone knows the Meta now is necrowardendks amirite? Right. But there’s more than one way to skin a cat. And it doesn’t always cost stamina ;)

Attributes... 10 health 10 stamina and the rest magic. I “need” the health because my main best heal is arctic blast. And minor toughness. And how being a vampire interacts with being in execute. PS... stage 4 vamp. I NEED the stamina because I wear bright throat jewels and weps, infuse all gold jewelry with spell dmg. This is not a max mag build. Don’t want arcane. Not a recovery build. I’m a dark elf for more stamina and supplementary fire resist. Witchmothers plus bright throat plus netch is my only recovery.

Sharpened inferno staff front bar I got ice fortress, vines, lotus, bugs, and the morph of entropy that heals from mages guild. Light attack weaving is super important for healing.

Nirn lightening staff back bar. Betty, bird of prey, arctic blast (the one that stuns), beetles, impulse. BATSWARM.

This is a dot build. Sorta. I wear hist sap on the body (heals for 2k a second when cc’d, immobilized, snared, blah blah), and Valken skoria. 3 large pieces with Tristat enchant.

Buff up. Dot up. Switch to lightening staff and hit beetles. Channel a heavy (here comes skoria). Watch the brazen stam character buff up and prepare to charge. Hit arctic blast. Catch him coming in with beetles and hit pulsar at the same time. While he dizzy swings you turtle up. Hold block intermittently and hit arctic blast 3 times. Let vampire do it’s work. Let him stun himself by his proximity to you, his aggression, and his lack of knowledge on your unmeta build. BATSWARM.

Light attack weave everything. Play smart. Drink potions on cool down.

Tell me what you think please :) surprisingly tanky, surprisingly deadly. To be played by an aggressive hit and run play style person with slightly above average skill.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the new masters staff it will be difficult for non-meta magdens to compete against meta ones, honestly.

I know you said you don't want to go for max mag, but considering you are getting 10K on all 3 resources when using the ulti it would be wiser to go for max mag instead of spell damage and boost it with inner light.
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    - pvp, no cp mostly
    - stage 4 vamp.
    - infuse all gold jewelry with spell dmg. This is not a max mag build. Don’t want arcane. Not a recovery build.

I get you want the stage 4 vampire to reduce the cost of Swarming Scion, but every other skill you use is a regular skill (increased cost). Also you say it's not a recovery build and mostly no cp... So unless you are fighting players who let you heavy attack often instead of keeping the pressure i can't see how you manage to sustain.
    Edited by Vietfox on May 29, 2020 4:50AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t play on the test server this is my current build not my plan for the new vampire update. I did make this character to try the new vampire stuff but that little theorycraft shall remain in my head for now.

I don’t have a masters staff and I’m not sure I want one. No arctic blast isn’t a super reliable stun but it works because people, for whatever reason, want to stand right next to me. Furthermore I don’t like the 15m range of the destro stun and would have to completely change the build to get everything on the right bar to make it a functioning combo. At the moment I do all of my killing with the lightning staff.

I made this build because people think dot builds don’t work anymore but what you all might not know is that wardens get 10 percent more dmg to magic abilities as well as frost. Bugs, entrophy, and that weird little soul trap ability are all magic damage. They all tooltip for me about 1k per second on players. Bugs gives minor vulnerability. Bar swap for minor berserk. Lightening staff heavy for more dots/resources, arctic blast and batswarm are also dots. I’ve got a little over 4K spell dmg.

1v1s in no cp Cyro I win 93 percent of the time. Bgs or slightly bigger brawls? I nuke entire teams. Beetles is aoe major breach. Pulsar is minor mangle. I reserve the right to run proxy if I so choose. Have a black rose lightening staff for more dots if needed.

Can a meta magden beat me in a cp duel? Sure. Probably. Because I have 75 points in thaumaturge but since I mostly do non cp I haven’t worked out exactly how to get cliff racer on my bar for the off balance. I’d probably run double inferno for that. And I’d probably put cliff racer where the other guy put his clench. If I get my bar right? Bring it on :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're having fun what else does it matter?

Personally, I don't see how it would actually compete against most meta builds; but that's just my take. Doesn't seem like you're necessarily looking for advice but just wanted to I share. So as long as you're happy
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am mostly just sharing but I also wanted to just bounce ideas around. I’m afraid I put that other guy off with my lengthy response but I was hoping to hear what he had to say back lol

I am having success at the moment yes, so I’m a bit defensive about it. But I also know I’m going to have to make serious changes very soon. So I’m open to basically everything, in a way.

To be honest waffennacht I’ve been a bit of a fan of yours since before I finally got my invitation code... I’d love to hear your thoughts. If you say it won’t compete I believe you. I’ll tell you right now I don’t have a masters staff though.