The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tips for finding Armor with 'Training' so I can research those bad boys

azurskye
azurskye
Ok I am a pretty new player (a whopping level 15) but I would like to make my HE magsorc some 5 light, 1 med, and 1 heavy Traning armor. I am totally willing to research all the pieces but I have not gotten any drops to do so yet? Tips on finding some drops with the Training?

TIA
Skye
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm chests in the starter zones. The dropped Armor of the Trainee set pieces will all be Training trait.

(Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen, Khenarthi's Roost, Stros M'kai, and Betnikh)
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 28, 2020 3:49PM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get some training weapons from leveling up, it's usually 'Prophet's ... (item of your choice)'. However, you're looking for armor. I know you get a bag of gear at some point which will provide you with some or at least one piece of traing gear, but unfortunately I can neither remember the name of the container nor the condition under which you get. It might be for finishing (or skipping) the tutorial.
    I would try looking for the items you need in the guild stores. In order to afford this, you might need to earn some money by stealing (for example).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm chests in the starter zones. The dropped Armor of the Trainee set pieces will all be Training trait.

(Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen, Khenarthi's Roost, Stros M'kai, and Betnikh)

^This^ is a good idea ... since the only dropped 5-piece gear in the zone is Armor of the Trainee.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Quickest to have all of them for armor and weapons is to ask a friend/guild mate to craft level 1 with trait training for each of them.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought armor with the training trait could be purchased in the Fighters Guild, perhaps from the Armsman? Not online at the moment so will have to check later.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could also find a good player guild. A lot of them out there that are helpful to new players and they have helpful crafters. Need research items? Ask a guildie crafter to make them for you, when you need them. You can plan out the traits you want a lot easier than random drops.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play with the bots and you'll get training gear
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    As katanagirl stated, fighter's guild and also mage's guild have training gear. Starter zones drop training gear as well
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »
    Quickest to have all of them for armor and weapons is to ask a friend/guild mate to craft level 1 with trait training for each of them.

Go with level 10 or 16. Really easy to get the first few levels.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to use the training armor before you research it, yes.
    If you just want to research it, level 1 stuff will do the same as any other.