The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tanking normal dungeons in DPS gear

adam_rawb16_ESO
So I have a full set of legendary soloing gear, with Iceheart and stuff. How diffficult would it be to tank normal dungeons in this, if I craft a sword and shield and change my skills around? Wouldn't dream of doing a vet dungeon or anything, just want a shorter queue while I farm for the rest of my DPS set. Would mainly be running Frostvault normal. Warden, btw, if that makes a difference.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be fine. Most normals are fairly easy! I usually run a gank build through them just fine.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tanked vet dungeons, including DLCs with DPS CP setup though I had changed my gear but I already have plenty of tanking gear. It came down to not keeping up block constantly but then again a good tank does not permablock anyhow.

I have also tanked some non-DLC vet dungeons on a DPS and the undaunted taunt. No S&B. Though I have done many of these dungeons enough to know when to block, roll dodge, etc.

So yes, it can be done on normal in DPS gear with S&B.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of Akatosh, slot a Taunt and use it.

And, you can run a set of Tank Gear on an otherwise DPS character (attributes in either Stamina or Magic, no Health) and you can use the Damage Mitigation thread to make yourself Tanky in any role as it is all in the Health Tree

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-15-07-2019/p1

Anyway, swap into the Tank Gear and you can be a decent Tank, then swap to DPS gear when you want to do that. Then you could tank some Vet Dungeons too. Assuming you know the mechanics....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• adam_rawb16_ESO
    Ok, thanks guys. I'll give it a go and see how it turns out. Got taunt and ranged taunt, and slotted some tankier skills.
  • adam_rawb16_ESO
    Update: I did it :) did Elden Root 1 to warm up, then went into Frostvault. Had a few wipes, but we managed to clear it with me being the only person above 300 CP, so I know I wasn't carried either :P
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm with a guild group in a normal dungeon I will run with my 2-hander solo setup, it's got a taunt on the back bar, good enough.

Wouldn't do it in a pug though, people will flip out if the tank doesn't have a shield even if the group is facerolling the content.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have a full set of legendary soloing gear, with Iceheart and stuff. How diffficult would it be to tank normal dungeons in this, if I craft a sword and shield and change my skills around? Wouldn't dream of doing a vet dungeon or anything, just want a shorter queue while I farm for the rest of my DPS set. Would mainly be running Frostvault normal. Warden, btw, if that makes a difference.

For normal dungeons:
    If you use a taunt skill, like puncture from 1h/shield, every1 will be happy.
    If you also use silver leash or your warden portals to chain enemies together, gj, well done.

Block oneshots and/or heavies from boss. Normal mode tanking explained.

• Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you arent dying to trash pulls or after 2 seconds into a boss fight as some "tanks" I've seen. And yes, just taunt the dang boss.
    After that, let the dungeon getting cleared speak for itself.