The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamblade, cast time pauses?

ImmortalCX
ImmortalCX
✭✭✭✭✭
I returned to the game a month ago. Still using same old rotation. Approach group of mobs with caltrops, arrow storm, poison arrow, and then switch to front bar, and shrouded dagger, then into melee rotation.

I used to be able to do this in one fluid motion while running towards the group, one skill would lead into the next, but now it feels janky. I can't get them all off before arriving at the group.

Did they add pauses between skills?

And I have to keep mashing the ultimate to get it to fire.

What happened? Did they add cast times to everyone?
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add that the timing is all off. The reason its important to do them in one fluid motion is so that you can contain them in the arrow storm (which has smaller radius). If I stop to get off the skills, then the trash mobs will have time to run out of the AOE.

It feels like they added arbitrary pauses between skills to nerf combinations.

• catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    All stamblade useable offensive ultimates have a cast time.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All stamblade useable offensive ultimates have a cast time.

Also defensive for that matter.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and canceling doesn't work much anymore. You now, too many noobs crying for the vet players to be nerfed. God bless the casuals.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and canceling doesn't work much anymore. You now, too many noobs crying for the vet players to be nerfed. God bless the casuals.

Sounds like a slippery slope fallacy ... but at least the forums name checks out.
  • Sitja
    Sitja
    Yea you cannot barswap incapacitating strike before the 0.4 seconds of cast time, and it's a bit annoying but however you don't play anymore with flawless dawnbreaker on front bar. So you slot incap on both bars and use it only on main bar.