Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Lead in jewelry box produces error message: "that item is no longer available"

virtus753
virtus753
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I found a lead for the Lacquered Wooden Tone-Box. I went to Summerset and successfully excavated it.

Today I found another lead for that same piece in a jewelry box in Solitude, but when I tried to loot it, I got the error message "that item is no longer available." There is no sign of the lead in my journal. When I go to Summerset to try to scry for this piece, it tells me to find a new lead, even though I just did.

If this is a conflict because I don't have the other fragments of the Aldmeri Symphonia yet, then clearly there's a check missing somewhere to prevent leads from repeat fragments becoming available until the entire collection is complete. Otherwise there's a bigger bug somewhere with adding leads to the journal.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    Did you get a UI error message too?
    If so can you reproduce and type code here or attached a screen shot?
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RT01100111 wrote: »
    Did you get a UI error message too?
    If so can you reproduce and type code here or attached a screen shot?

No, there wasn't a UI error message like you might see with an add-on. Just the native game message that appears in the top right of the screen. It just said the "item is no longer available." I have seen that message appear when I am looting a container and the game lags out so badly it thinks I tried to loot the same item twice. That was the only indication I had that something wasn't working right. If the message I saw was actually the result of lag, and the lead is just meant to disappear silently, that may be even worse. Why do leads appear as loot if they're not actually able to be looted and added to the journal properly? It is very confusing.
    Options
  • cfarris87ub17_ESO
    cfarris87ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having the exact same error for Aligned Dwarven Plates from Mzulft. I've gotten it to drop about 6 times and still don't have it.
    Re-logged and got it again, same problem.
    Options
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I've got this at least twice now and only when looting from an 'owned' container. (when other items in there are stolen) In both cases I did not get the lead to show up in my antiquities and I did not already have that lead either.
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Yesterday I found a lead for the Lacquered Wooden Tone-Box. I went to Summerset and successfully excavated it.

Today I found another lead for that same piece in a jewelry box in Solitude, but when I tried to loot it, I got the error message "that item is no longer available." There is no sign of the lead in my journal. When I go to Summerset to try to scry for this piece, it tells me to find a new lead, even though I just did.

If this is a conflict because I don't have the other fragments of the Aldmeri Symphonia yet, then clearly there's a check missing somewhere to prevent leads from repeat fragments becoming available until the entire collection is complete. Otherwise there's a bigger bug somewhere with adding leads to the journal.

I've had exactly that behaviour twice now but with blue leads so it's not just Aldmeri Symphonia. There seems to be some sort of conflict with leads and Steal All anyway. It may be connected to this but yes, you try to select just the lead the game says it's no longer available.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got this error twice, should I pick "Steal all" option? Does it help?
    "We grew under a bad sun"
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    Got this error twice, should I pick "Steal all" option? Does it help?

According to other threads it seems it might be impossible to use “Steal All” if there’s a lead in the box. That may be because the lead is not marked stolen. If you take the lead, then you can use “Steal All” after that.
    Options
  • Doree89
    Doree89
    ✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    I've got this at least twice now and only when looting from an 'owned' container. (when other items in there are stolen) In both cases I did not get the lead to show up in my antiquities and I did not already have that lead either.

Had exactly same few minutes ago. Same few times before, whenever lead was from stolen or owned container.
    Aetherius Art & Tamriel Homes PC EU, @Doree89
    Options
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having that same issue but its happening when I loot the lead from Darkshade I and II. I've had the leads from those dungeons drop several times now but when I go to loot, it says "this item is no longer available".
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that this issue happens for Antiquity leads to fragments of a multi-part item, e.g. mythic items, the ebon wolf mount, or the music box. You cannot get the lead again for a part that you have PREVIOUSLY obtained (even dug up), until you have found all parts required to assemble the item/mount/mythic. Assembling the music box, for example, will allow you to start collecting leads for it again, to make a second music box. Some collectibles, such as the mount, cannot be obtained more than once, so you can NEVER collect the individual part leads again. This is why the lead disappears (no longer available) when you try to take it from the loot list.

From everything I've seen in this thread so far, the game appears to be "working as designed", even if the design is a little confusing. Also note that there have been a few other threads of people reporting this "issue".
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that this issue happens for Antiquity leads to fragments of a multi-part item, e.g. mythic items, the ebon wolf mount, or the music box. You cannot get the lead again for a part that you have PREVIOUSLY obtained (even dug up), until you have found all parts required to assemble the item/mount/mythic. Assembling the music box, for example, will allow you to start collecting leads for it again, to make a second music box. Some collectibles, such as the mount, cannot be obtained more than once, so you can NEVER collect the individual part leads again. This is why the lead disappears (no longer available) when you try to take it from the loot list.

From everything I've seen in this thread so far, the game appears to be "working as designed", even if the design is a little confusing. Also note that there have been a few other threads of people reporting this "issue".

Then it should be considered a bug that those leads show up at all.

That we’ve figured out under what circumstances it happens doesn’t change the impression (speaking for myself) that it’s pointlessly confusing, misleading, and frustrating. Leads should not appear if they’re not obtainable.
    Options
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    ✭✭

You first have to complete the item I've got the same problem with some leads for Ebon Dwarven Wolf and that was in the multiperson dungeons very tedious
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hans_58 wrote: »

You first have to complete the item I've got the same problem with some leads for Ebon Dwarven Wolf and that was in the multiperson dungeons very tedious

Yes, I posted that back when Greymoor first arrived on PC, before we’d figured out what was going on. Lots of people have experienced it now, it seems.

I can’t really think this is intentional. If so, it’s very poorly designed. Finding leads should be exciting, but I’ve found that same blue lead five times now with nothing to show for it except an error message. It’s highly disappointing, to say the least, especially when I wonder if I could have drawn a lead I might have been able to use had it not been a repeat of a fragment I already have. It’s also inconsistent with the way other repeat drops have been done — for example, if you draw a duplicate outfit style page in Battlegrounds rewards, it just doesn’t show up at all. Same with the Murkmire event fragments. And if it’s happening with the Ebon Wolf fragments, which are part of a similar one-time-only collectible, then it’s not just because certain multi-part antiquities will become available again once the collection is complete.

Thanks for letting us know about the mount leads!
    Options