The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

These issues were predicted on PTS

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When the update 26 first dropped on PTS, people were having the exact same issues that occurred yesterday. Login failures, huge lag and disconnects. We warned you about then, you didn't respond and the game went live with exactly these issues. See thread below. There were others, my own was just easier to find. For days people struggled with the performance on PTS when Greymoor first dropped.
It seems that very little notice is given to feedback on the PTS during these cycles.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/522683/keep-getting-dcs-and-failed-login-attempts-on-pts#latest
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    You’re kinda jumping to conclusions. Log-in failures, disconnects and lag are all frequently associated with server load. Given that Greymoor launched during a pandemic lockdown, it is likely that a lot of players are trying to play at the same time. While the issues may appear similar, they may not be caused by the same thing
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most issues we have were at elsweyr launch and some other ones after (achievement points dcing people and free expansion) so it's not like they should be surprised, just don't really care
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pandemic didn't help. When I logged in at 4:30am my time (west coast) I couldn't have been more shocked by how many players were not only in Western Skyrim but at the Solitude Docks wayshrine. I didn't anticipate seeing that many people at 4:30PST/7:30EST. but we a lot of us are all in the same boat so why not be awake right?

If that many people were online then, I could only imagine how many were online later. Of course after my nap I couldn't get back to Skyrim or Blackreach but... whatever.
  • Marigold1
    Marigold1
    ✭✭✭
    If same issues were on PTS as well during launch, than how is possible they didn't fix their code/install procedure.

What is purpose of PTS anyway if they dont care about output from it?
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭
    Given the game performance over the last few months, even before PTS, no-one should be surprised about launch day issues.

Game's going nowhere, go and do something else for a bit until it settles down and starts working properly.
  • Marigold1
    Marigold1
    ✭✭✭
    Amarthiul wrote: »
    Given the game performance over the last few months, even before PTS, no-one should be surprised about launch day issues.

Game's going nowhere, go and do something else for a bit until it settles down and starts working properly.

Hard to go out as parent... especially during late night. Well there may be other things on the table but you know long working days takes a lot of everyone.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in queue for about forty minutes. Once I got in for the most part everything when fine. Had about a twenty second period where my ping went above 3500 and other than that smooth sailing. Did two days worth of dailies in the new zone did some exploring and finished a couple of the antiquities. Also grabbed some good stuff stealing and pickpocketing. I expected some glitches first day and am pleasantly surprised how well the game played for me.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    The pandemic didn't help. When I logged in at 4:30am my time (west coast) I couldn't have been more shocked by how many players were not only in Western Skyrim but at the Solitude Docks wayshrine. I didn't anticipate seeing that many people at 4:30PST/7:30EST. but we a lot of us are all in the same boat so why not be awake right?

If that many people were online then, I could only imagine how many were online later. Of course after my nap I couldn't get back to Skyrim or Blackreach but... whatever.

Everyone was in Western Skyrim because even the people who did not buy Greymoor had access to whole chapter. And they rushed to the zone.
    All other cities were empty.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Woe is us, we have too many players" is a laughable excuse that's been used for over a year now. At some point they should cough up the money and upgrade the servers, open a new megaserver, or do ANYTHING. But they're still letting the servers burn down under load, putting queues in place and generally burying their heads in the sand.
  • Marigold1
    Marigold1
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

"Woe is us, we have too many players" is a laughable excuse that's been used for over a year now. At some point they should cough up the money and upgrade the servers, open a new megaserver, or do ANYTHING. But they're still letting the servers burn down under load, putting queues in place and generally burying their heads in the sand.

this may not be about server capacity whatsoever but wrongly optimized code may kill even beast of the server :-/ hard to decide when we do not see any actual capacity/performance data.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happens every chapter .

ADAPT ;)
  • Marigold1
    Marigold1
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    It happens every chapter .

ADAPT ;)

I did... I cut their funding from my side :smile:
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What pandemic and what "too many players online" are you talking about?

1) The exact same issues existed before the pandemic.

2) If they cant handle player load, they should upgrade their servers. If its the code, they should optimize it. If they cant, they should re-write it, even if it will cost millions.

3) If the employees are not enough and the existing ones are doing their best, they should hire more.

Why should we customers care?

Edited by gatekeeper13 on May 27, 2020 8:13AM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What pandemic and what "too many players online" are you talking about?

1) The exact same issues existed before the pandemic.

2) If they cant handle player load, they should upgrade their servers. If its the code, they should optimize it. If they cant, they should re-write it, even if it will cost millions.

3) If the employees are not enough and the existing ones are doing their best, they should hire more.

Why should we customers care?

This. The pandemic is not an excuse for issues that have existed years beforehand. What we're seeing are those specific issues exasperated by it. The pandemic is NOT the cause for something that's bogged down the game for literal years.