The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire Feeding problems

Thorley23_ESO
Thorley23_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey, I'm having a problem with Vampire feeding since the update. I sneak up behind an unsuspecting snack, I'm hidden, and the contextual action to feed does not come up. I asked another Vampire (who normally uses Maras) and he tried to do it, and couldn't get anything but Pickpocket to come up either. My Dad also plays ESO and just started a Vampire and he can't feed as well.

Is this a bug or did they change how this works? Is it perhaps that a vampire can't feed at stage 1 or something along those lines?

Either way if anyone has been able to feed, I'd appreciate knowing how they did it.
  • Vea
    Vea
    ✭✭✭
    Try to stay far away from the target. You need a lot of distance on what I remember from pts. Hope it helps
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, no close up feeding now. Get back and have your snack!
  • Thorley23_ESO
    Thorley23_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »

Awesome information, I will try this when I am able to next get in and hope it works.

• Darkstride
    Darkstride
    ✭✭

Can confirm, it works at mid-range but not up close. And have fun if you've got Blade of Woe, cause the prompt for that likes to interfere.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstride wrote: »

Can confirm, it works at mid-range but not up close. And have fun if you've got Blade of Woe, cause the prompt for that likes to interfere.

This right here. Grrr!!
    But yes.. what fun trying to stalk a victim from slightly-afar is.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? ESO vampires "drink" from range ?

Well, it certainly is good to see the vampire conform to the accepted stereotype that most people generally know. Why, I have seen many a vampire movie where the vampire hides 100 feet away and a stream of blood leaves the victim and travels to the waiting vampire. For example theres .... no, not there... oh there was .... no, that's not right either ... hmmmm....

Well, it certainly is a realistic concept < he said sarcastically >

IMHO

:#
  • Thorley23_ESO
    Thorley23_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Well, it certainly is good to see the vampire conform to the accepted stereotype that most people generally know. Why, I have seen many a vampire movie where the vampire hides 100 feet away and a stream of blood leaves the victim and travels to the waiting vampire. For example theres .... no, not there... oh there was .... no, that's not right either ... hmmmm....

IMHO

Well the blood drinking happened at a range in those old "Legacy of Kain" games for the play station. It is a weird design choice, but I am guessing it was made to deal with the issue of feeding conflicting with the blade of woe from the dark brotherhood quest line.

I'd like to test this to see if it's correct, but I can't get past the queue. It's supposed to have been 40 minutes and it's neither moved or let me in, and it's been longer than that.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

IMHO

The prompt is at a distance but it triggers the cool feeding from the neck new animations. Try it. It looks like a proper vampire bite now 😉
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Thorley23_ESO
    Thorley23_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say I got my Vampire back on before bed, and I still can't get the feeding to work, and I've tried all kinds of ranges and even messed with my mods a bit to see if any of them were interfering with it. I also don't seem to be the only one with this issue as my father still can't do it either, and what Vamps I've talked to in game still think it's a contextual action that should come up, and when they try, they can't make it work either.

I know Bethesda has a lot going on, but they might want to look into this (not sure if they will even notice this thread sadly)
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need stay away from target to get in feeding range, and you need to stay at the same ground level, not on a rock, for example. It looks like this.
    SKvjd0I.jpg
    All feeding animations starts from afar, but most of them new and are different types of bites.
    Jq0u8Im.gif
  • Thorley23_ESO
    Thorley23_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    You need stay away from target to get in feeding range, and you need to stay at the same ground level, not on a rock, for example. It looks like this.
    SKvjd0I.jpg
    All feeding animations starts from afar, but most of them new and are different types of bites.
    Jq0u8Im.gif

I've tried, and tried, and have used level ground, for whatever reason I just can't do a bite. I'll probably give it another try tomorrow as I'm heading to bed soonish.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭

IMHO

Well the blood drinking happened at a range in those old "Legacy of Kain" games for the play station. It is a weird design choice, but I am guessing it was made to deal with the issue of feeding conflicting with the blade of woe from the dark brotherhood quest line.

I'd like to test this to see if it's correct, but I can't get past the queue. It's supposed to have been 40 minutes and it's neither moved or let me in, and it's been longer than that.

I would recommend old legacy of kain for a more immersive vampire experience then this buggy joy fest :disappointed:

This game had so much potential...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that you have to have your weapon drawn. If you don't the feed option won't come up even though the Blade of Woe option will come up if you don't have a weapon drawn.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate how there is no up or down angles with the feed synergy as it makes it very clunky and annoying to use. Also makes it so many mortals slip out of your fingers...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Don't forget that you have to have your weapon drawn. If you don't the feed option won't come up even though the Blade of Woe option will come up if you don't have a weapon drawn.

You don't have to have it drawn to feed.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ThorLuthor
    ThorLuthor
    ✭✭
    I'm having the issue where my vampire will not progress past stage 1. Feeding stopped advance the stage. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭

There's an addon for this called Vampire's Woe. Go get it, configure it, never have a problem between Blade of Woe and feeding again.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It helps that BoW triggers inside the new Feed range, so getting closer for BoW keeps Feed from triggering, and being at Feed range is too far out for BoW to trigger..
    After practicing on that new bite dummy, I've been able to trigger each ability cleanly and consistently.

Edited by bearbelly on July 18, 2020 7:29AM