The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC/Mac Login/Connectivity/Access Issues - May 26 [Updated June 1]

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom By the way..... umm.... Mail FINALLY went through.... and I got THREE of my pre-order bonus CE mail notifications.... all with their new maps and xp scrolls..... literal repeat of the mail. Working as intended?
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another ESO release. I'm not angry, just sad to realise these launches, year by year, disappoint more and more.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

uh, Murkmire did NOT go smooth for everyone. it kicked a sizable chunk of the mac player base among other things lol. but you have a point otherwise. Also, folks should be noting that THIS update, like last, made some major changes to how the game processes things..... there are going to be some major hiccups. add that to a major update like this being launched remotely? Come on, cut em a little slack! lol

Genuinely curious: why cut them some slack? Surely, if remotely launching a Chapter was going to create this level of mess, they just shouldn't have launched it? Are we saying that the coronavirus situation is a new universal excuse for everything to be crap because, hey, I did from home? I don't know that my employer will go for that. I don't know that yours would either, because I'm not sure ANYONE would.

And I'm sure you would've been at the front of the pack to demand compensation if they had said "you know what, we're just not going to release this till we can physically go in to work" lol This Update was the 2nd one in a row to drastically change how the game processes data. the fact that we are not having worse issues right now with also having a remote launch is amazing. Check your entitlement a bit there. It'll be fine, and probably a lot faster than anyone expects.

I'm honestly curious. PC-EU has effectively been offline all day. It is still offline as of this moment, and we don't know if this maintenance (the 3rd so far) will actually fix the issues that people have been seeing.

Considering this, what kind of worse issues were you envisioning?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 27, 2020 1:42AM
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it can get much worse at this stage.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

uh, Murkmire did NOT go smooth for everyone. it kicked a sizable chunk of the mac player base among other things lol. but you have a point otherwise. Also, folks should be noting that THIS update, like last, made some major changes to how the game processes things..... there are going to be some major hiccups. add that to a major update like this being launched remotely? Come on, cut em a little slack! lol

Genuinely curious: why cut them some slack? Surely, if remotely launching a Chapter was going to create this level of mess, they just shouldn't have launched it? Are we saying that the coronavirus situation is a new universal excuse for everything to be crap because, hey, I did from home? I don't know that my employer will go for that. I don't know that yours would either, because I'm not sure ANYONE would.

And I'm sure you would've been at the front of the pack to demand compensation if they had said "you know what, we're just not going to release this till we can physically go in to work" lol This Update was the 2nd one in a row to drastically change how the game processes data. the fact that we are not having worse issues right now with also having a remote launch is amazing. Check your entitlement a bit there. It'll be fine, and probably a lot faster than anyone expects.

So, two things:

1. I am not and have not “demanded compensation” as you so eloquently put it. I’m on record as saying that compensation is not the answer. And it isn’t.

2. What I do want is what I paid for. That’s not “entitlement” - but I get that’s a big word and you might need to brush up on its meaning. What it is, is the basis for how the western economy works. You know, you buy something, and you get that something. You see, it doesn’t work very well if you buy something, and then you don’t get it. That tends to frustrate customers and put them off buying stuff in future.

I note that you swerved answering my question: why, exactly, are we supposed to cut these people some slack? I’m open minded, you never know you might convince me.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 27, 2020 1:42AM
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hlaadriel wrote: »
    1bt5mz.png

Isn't it the 3rd ? :D
  • Trowie_UK
    Trowie_UK
    I was logged in a playing with 0 issues. Let me back in! :D
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be a free crown crate for everyone or something like that to make people more happy - it's virtual item so cost nothing and it can be form of marketing for crown store stuff. Just sayin' :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno said:

In response to the ongoing issues on PC EU affecting logins and connectivity, we will be performing maintenance and bringing the server offline shortly. During this time, we will also be correcting anyone that purchased the Greymoor chapter but cannot access the content. We anticipate downtime to be approximately 1-2 hours.

Maybe in two hours we will get in...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why, exactly, are we supposed to cut these people some slack? I’m open minded, you never know you might convince me.

1/Because they're humanbeings. A computer is meant to do what I want, I can judge and insult it and make it try over and over again. Not humanbeings.

2/ Because those humanbeings work in a collective called " a company" And people higher up in the hierarchy may or may not let them do their best.

3/ Because it's a video game. Video games are ahead of technology and a technological locomotive for the entire IT industry and innovation. In other words, there's no such thing as a reference guide, a guideline or a tutorial or a ready-made solution for the problem they're facing. They go by trial and error into a widely unknown innovation scenery.

4/ Because it's a video game. Nobody's dying. Nothing important. You can play tomorrow, can't you ? (If you can't wait - beyond the rhetorical meaning of those words - then you need professional help - not from the IT sector)

5/ Because there's a pandemic. While I'm a firm believer that remote work is not only as efficient, but MORE efficient than office work, the truth is that most companies - including ZOS - had not prepared for this situation and in this case, yes, remote work can bring some delays and trouble.The pandemic is not an excuse, but an explanation.

6/ Because you're a customer, not their boss. If you're not happy, don't buy (quit).

7/ Because the product is there. What you bought is there. It may not be there on the 26th as expected, but it will be there on the 27th and for years to come. They fail on delivery date, but not on delivery altogether.

So yes, for all those reasons and more, cut them some slack.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 26, 2020 9:47PM
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I just bought the new inn room, and now that character is stuck in a loading limbo. The room loaded before I purchased, although it took a very long time to load, both entering and exiting... I came in with another character and bought the room, and it started to reload as it does once it's been put into your collections, and it never stopped loading. I had to do a control-alt-delete just to exit the endless loading. I totally restarted the game and tried to log back in on the same character, and it still won't load. I had to control-alt-delete again.

I'm on NA PC, but I think I'll just wait until things get sorted a bit.
    Edited by Merrien on May 26, 2020 9:39PM
  • koendrenthe8neb18_ESO
    Good luck to the team. This is the last thing you guys want while working from home.

Kayila is my main bae - lvl 50-> - stamina nightblade pve - Bosmer - but for the covenant - With me since day 1.
    Qorith is my invention - lvl 50-> - stamina sorcerer - pvp - Breton - sorcies are fun to play.
    Zinfaren is my gardener lvl 50-> - magicka warden healer - Bosmer - all within nature's grasp.
    Alayaan is my priestess lvl 50-> - magicka templar healer - Breton - Gifts from the Gods.
    Bryenh is my summoner lvl 50-> - magicka sorcerer solo - Breton - Summons an army to defeat an army.
    Mareiss is my shield of ice lvl 50-> - magicka warden tank - Nord - Keeps allies safe with freezing cold.
    Mindra Attiel is my defence beyond death lvl 50-> - magicka necromancer tank - Breton - What is dead can never die.
    Palarain is my rally howl lvl 50-> - stamina templar pve - Redguard - Unleash the wolf within.
    Saalynna is my elemental smile lvl 50-> - magicka sorcerer pve - Breton - It's raining fireballs and lightning strikes.
    Viryne is my flame in the darkness lvl 50-> - magicka dragonknight pve - Dunmer - Nothing a little bit of fire won't fix.
    Viola Nobleborn is my rock lvl 50-> - stamina dragonknight tank - Imperial - From a noble family to a noble cause.
    Ariviane is my chaos unleashed lvl 50-> - magicka necromancer pve - Breton - There's no such thing as casualties.
    Kaystin is my pumping heart lvl 50-> - magicka nightblade pve - Breton - innocent with a bloody appetite.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    For those experiencing the long loading screens and related issues on PC-NA, we are turning on a temporary login queue to help alleviate this issue. We just put up messaging here.
    Hello everyone,

In response to the recent long loading screens and other related issues that have been occurring on the PC NA megaserver, we will be enabling a temporary login queue momentarily to limit the number of players on the server at once. Note that anyone who is currently logged in will not be kicked out.

Thanks for your patience, and we'll let you know when we have an update.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merrien wrote: »
    Yes, I just bought the new inn room, and now that character is stuck in a loading limbo. The room loaded before I purchased, although it took a very long time to load, both entering and exiting... I came in with another character and bought the room, and it started to reload as it does once it's been put into your collections, and it never stopped loading. I had to do a control-alt-delete just to exit the endless loading. I totally restarted the game and tried to log back in on the same character, and it still won't load. I had to control-alt-delete again.

yup, my characters that were in houses when i logged last night are currently stuck in them lol. we will jut have to wait i think.

NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • No_Lollygaggin
    For those experiencing the long loading screens and related issues on PC-NA, we are turning on a temporary login queue to help alleviate this issue. We just put up messaging here.
    Hello everyone,

In response to the recent long loading screens and other related issues that have been occurring on the PC NA megaserver, we will be enabling a temporary login queue momentarily to limit the number of players on the server at once. Note that anyone who is currently logged in will not be kicked out.

Thanks for your patience, and we'll let you know when we have an update.

I have now been placed into the wait time queue but the wait time doesn't look to be going down. It is just stuck at 3 min 49 sec. Should it be actually counting down?
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have been in a 30 second queue to log in for last 15 mins
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I have now been placed into the wait time queue but the wait time doesn't look to be going down. It is just stuck at 3 min 49 sec. Should it be actually counting down?

It should go down as people leave the server and more spots open up. That said, it's not always 100% accurate on the timing.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • talamascool
    talamascool
    Soul Shriven
    so this is my first post.
    i asked for an invite code an hour ago. i must say that was fast. they should be flooded with tickets atm.
    it's frustrating really. i guess that happens with expectations.
    i think is difficult for the code to change from "purchase" to "free". this was overlooked i think. and it cost us all that have the "i purchased but can't access" problem a whirlwind of feelings that are clearly expressed in these posts.
    i guess they need time to see who really bought it. i'm no expert though.
    no need to fight between users though. people are entitled to feel angry as to feel compasion towards the mistakes that've been made. both reactions are only natural. i felt terribly frustrated and it took me some time to come back to my normal self.
    both sides will have to wait and how u wait is gonna only be your personal experience. wait peacefully or wait enraged.
  • EmpressMeg
    EmpressMeg
    ✭✭
    Merrien wrote: »

Pretty much what happened to me as well. I bought the new inn room and was booted during loading out of that room. (Back into the main inn). I've been stuck in the 30 second login queue for ten mins now. I'm glad that it is being looked into.

Update: I closed the launcher and reopened the loading page. It says the queue is 21+ mins, so at least that is updating properly now.

Edited by EmpressMeg on May 26, 2020 10:13PM
    NA, PC @EmpressMeg
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endless 30 second login queue on NA.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on May 26, 2020 10:11PM
    PC/EU
  • sbatr
    sbatr
    Soul Shriven
    try to go to western skyrim, using ws or not and get transfer attempt failed...same thing no matter where i go =failed...wtf.
    i logged out, and repair game ...and when i try to login, im placed in a que attempt and 23 mins wait...i have greymoor .
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooooo Daily Log ins ? we all just going to miss the last day
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooooo Daily Log ins ? we all just going to miss the last day

It all depends how accurate the 1-2 hour estimate of downtime was.

If it was accurate (and maintenance will have to finish in about 14 minutes for that to be true) then we will have a whole 80 minutes to pick things up before the rewards reset... I think.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaand this is why I don't stay home from work on launch days! Lol. Hope the console launch goes better.
  • dpr999
    dpr999
    ✭✭✭

So you are saying you are running an incompetent company. Interesting

1. Putting words into another's mouth... so that.
    2. You can make a purely personal attack.... which is
    3. Totally lacking in anything constructive or even relevant to the issue.... is
    4. Low.

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, 11 Hours of downtime (with the first maintenance not included) isnt toooooooo bad Right? :trollface:
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • EmpressMeg
    EmpressMeg
    ✭✭
    Got in just fine now, thank you!

PC, NA
    NA, PC @EmpressMeg
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Having the top priority known issues, and their order of priority, is very helpful.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Towerdragon
    Towerdragon
    ✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Aaaand this is why I don't stay home from work on launch days! Lol. Hope the console launch goes better.

I'm working right now I get off at midnight Eastern Glad I did not take any PTO
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the physical CE. Got a mail this afternoon stating:

We have applied an entitlement that will grant you access to the Collector’s Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC/Mac while you are waiting for your physical copy to arrive.

When I log in I have no access to Greymoor, yet in the crownstore it tells me I cannot purchase the chapter because I already own it.
This discussion has been closed.