Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Im a little lost...

KiteoHatto
KiteoHatto
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, hopefully you can clear something for me.
Just came back and want to dive in and enjoy some real questing and immersion.

I have a bunch of characters, but will probably make a new one. Settled on a stam sorc.

Now, i redid the tutorial but it's all different again....

I remember my first tutorial was in some prison place and you had to avoid the eye and free that norn lady.
Then when i made a warden i was on a boat...or something ?
Now the tutorial is in some nightmare prison and a psijin lady is telling me stuff.

Im so lost...i dont have elsewyr or the new expansion yet, but are these tutorial areas just different for what you have ? Its gonna be confusing if i get some friends to play with me but we are all doing different tutorials lol.

Does the story "merge" at some point after the tutorial or i just have to travel to them and we pick an alliance to do stuff with.

Forgive me but it's been a while since i last played.
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each Expansion comes with its own new tutorial, since Zenimax wants new players to dive in right into playing the newest expansions without any other pre-requirements. Every tutorial pretty much introduces you to the new zone.

If you had Elsweyr, your tutorial would've started in a Khajiit Monastery in Northern Elsweyr. With Greymoor, the tutorial moved to Western Skyrim in a barrow.

The story is not in order, the base game main quest starts when you teleport to your alliance start zone, with the Mysterious Figure.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get tutorial depending on the newest "chapter" you own. Greymoor>elsweyr>summerset>Morrisons>base game.

So while tutorials might be different you should search for the content that you and your friends have in common to begin with :)
    Edited by zvavi on May 26, 2020 7:03PM
  • KiteoHatto
    KiteoHatto
    Soul Shriven
    Oh neat, can you pick any alliance to do their main story or you have to stick with what you picked during character creation ?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KiteoHatto wrote: »
    Oh neat, can you pick any alliance to do their main story or you have to stick with what you picked during character creation ?

You stick with what you picked during character creation. But if you run the whole main storyline quest, you will be able to do Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold, where you run the main storyline quest for the remaining two alliances.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    KiteoHatto wrote: »

El_Borracho above is correct, but you can pick any alliance storyline just finding a way to navigate to the starting island that interests you (Stro's, Khenarti or Bleakrock). Look for the boats in Daggerfell, Vulkhel or.that Stonefalls city for EP :)
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    The game is getting big, and it is a bit confusing. To help it make more sense, these are the basic storylines with no significant spoilers other than describing their starting points:

Original game

Main story: the Molag Bol storyline with the prophet in the harborage. These spawn automatically as you level.

Faction story lines: each of the three factions have an epic quest line that takes you through all five zones in the faction. These begin in Vukel Guard, Davons Watch and Daggerfall. There are 3-5 major quests in each zone. Where these can get confusing is that you can pick up the line in new zones *even if you haven’t completed the previous zones.* So I could walk straight to Reapers March and jump into the Aldmeri faction quest line without doing the dozens of previous quests...which would be confusing. So for those interested in the stories, try to start in the starter city and follow the quests one after the other (they always hand you a new one right where you turn in a completed quest)

Fighters Guild and Mages Guild: these progress as you level these skill lines.

All six of these quest lines meet up chronologically when your character is sent to Coldharbour (later, not when you first wake up there). You can do them in any order, but that’s where they fit together.

Expansion lines:

ZOS has tried to design these so that chronology isn’t important. Loosely, they kinda go in the order they were released. But players can tackle them however they like. The major lines are:

Imperial City: There is a story here, but because the zone is unique as a PVP/PVE zone, the story is a bit less quest-like, but there is a loose storyline.

Wrothgar: there’s a major questline about the Orcs returning to their historic homeland.

Thieves Guild: one major storyline starting in any thieves den anywhere by speaking to Quinn.

Dark Brotherhood: One major line also starting in any thieves den by speaking to Amélia Crowe.

Morrowind: Two Major storylines. One deals with Vivec in Vivek city, the other with the Morog Tong.

Clockwork City: one major storyline through the zone.

Summerset: two major storylines, one about Summerset in peril and the other the psijic order. They both branch off from the initial quest in the zone.

Murkmire: dlc zone main storyline.

Elseweyr: this introduced the year-Long chapter story. So the order here goes prologue, wrathstone DLCs, then Elseweyr’s two major story arcs (one about the dragons, one about the undead invaders), then scalecaller DLc dungeons, then southern Elseweyr’s story.

And now Greymoor is in progress...it will be like Elseweyr in layout.

My overall recommendation is to play what seems interesting, but also that it can get confusing to hop all over the map and pick up twenty different quests from different lines. The easiest ones to get lost in are the faction quest lines since the game lets you get all out of order. It doesn’t matter which factions you do in what order, but it is VERY confusing if you do the zones within a faction out of order. Try to avoid that.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭