The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Option to change/align alliance for ALL characters

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It would be really nice if we got the option - maybe every 30 days - to change the alliance of ALL characters you have at once....

As many other I have 18 characters... alliances are all over the place due to races and since I didnt give it much thought in the beginning... Now i'd really like to align the Alliance of all characters to the same so i can play with all of them in my campaign and get the rewards...

I know there are alliance change tokens coming but if they cost 3000 or even 5000 crowns and i have to pay that for 10 characters...thats just going to be way too much for me (And many others)

So I think it would be really nice if we got that option; for example at the launch / release of the Alliance change token - not individually but that you get one free change where you can align all your characters to the same campaign...?
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We choose an alliance when we make a character.. That should imo be a permanent decision, and not something to change at a whim, just because you change your mind.. If you have 18 toons, you had every opportunity to make the right choice of alliance..
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We choose an alliance when we make a character.. That should imo be a permanent decision, and not something to change at a whim, just because you change your mind.. If you have 18 toons, you had every opportunity to make the right choice of alliance..

I disagree completely

I think its a huge difference if you want to constantly change the alliance of some characters or if you say hey, i'd like to align all my characters to the same alliance all at once and want to stick with it...

When i created the characters I wasnt doing pvp and wasnt even aware of any of such a mechanic...I think for many people that are just migrating into pvp its probably similar - so why not give people a one time opportunity to align all characters...

I really don't see how something like that can be "abused" or anything...
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should be pretty happy with the possibility to do so at all now. And I can see the good things and the logic behind it (I mean, you can change gender or race, but not switch an opinion about what alliance to support?). But somewhere, there needs to be a limit to how far the "QOL" requests should stretch.

A big no from me.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can! By buying 18 tokens at a pop.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can do a race change then why not alliance change?

I myself will not going to change alliance, I do play pretty much only pvp as end game, have some friends in my own faction I like to play together with.

However I don't like leveling new characters and grinding undaunted/guild passives all over again, so if my friends would want to go to other alliance I would rather use token change on my main pvp character.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again I am not sure if people missunderstand the issue - There is no need to alliance hopp or anything but the problem is that if 30% of your characters are of one alliance and your campaign is locked to that alliance, it means that you essentially can not play pvp with 70% of your characters - that makes 0 sense, why not simply allow people to align all their characters with their main characters alliance (The one that is probably the baseline for most ppl anyway).

This wont change a thing for the campaigns but allow people to actually play them with their chars

I fail to see the problem with that or why anyone would have an issue with that - i really dont understand the resistance, what is the drawback for anyone??? I am not playing any other campaign because of that but play at all.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again I am not sure if people missunderstand the issue - There is no need to alliance hopp or anything but the problem is that if 30% of your characters are of one alliance and your campaign is locked to that alliance, it means that you essentially can not play pvp with 70% of your characters - that makes 0 sense, why not simply allow people to align all their characters with their main characters alliance (The one that is probably the baseline for most ppl anyway).

This wont change a thing for the campaigns but allow people to actually play them with their chars

I fail to see the problem with that or why anyone would have an issue with that - i really dont understand the resistance, what is the drawback for anyone??? I am not playing any other campaign because of that but play at all.

So either pay to switch all of your characters to the alliance you like to play and leave them as that. Or play in the non-locked campaign if this would be a monthly issue. ZoS is adding the tokens which is more than anyone expected given their hard stance against it for so many years.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • bentmer
    bentmer
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

So either pay to switch all of your characters to the alliance you like to play and leave them as that. Or play in the non-locked campaign if this would be a monthly issue. ZoS is adding the tokens which is more than anyone expected given their hard stance against it for so many years.

For the majority of the life of this game, it wasn't a problem because alliance lock didn't exist. I sympathize with people who made new characters during that period because there were no ramifications for choosing a specific alliance back then.

For whatever reason you choose to believe, the alliance locked campaign is the most populous one. Many casual PvP players will only play occasionally and will go to the campaign that is most populated. For those people, it is unfortunate that they can't play all their characters if they chose different alliances. Especially if at the time they made their characters, there was no alliance lock to speak of.

That being said, I'm not sure the technical solution to the OP's proposal is feasible. But if it is, then I see no obvious downside to it. In the end, it would only encourage people to PvP more.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be more interested in them actually fixing pvp. Doesn't matter to me what faction I'm in, since Cyro is unplayable.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*** FACEPALM ***

bentmer wrote: »
    For those people, it is unfortunate that they can't play all their characters if they chose different alliances. Especially if at the time they made their characters, there was no alliance lock to speak of.

There's more than one PvP campaign, @bentmer.

Players choosing not to play on a particular campaign isn't anyone else's problem ... especially not ZOS's.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 25, 2020 6:18PM
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    TL DR, Alliance should be Account based, not character based, and Never to be changed unless you buy another account.

Also, no class change. Go and create another niche build or another character.

Glory for the Pact!

Yessssssss!
    I have 18 characters... alliances are all over the place due to races and since I didnt give it much thought in the beginning...

Imo, #remove Any Races Any Alliances upgrade; #Alliance per account (instead of character); #Races locked per Alliance (Imperial race is a exeption), eg: Ebonheart Pact: only Nord, Dunmer, Argonian or Imperial.

If you have the "need" of a certain race for your build, you are a bad player, also probably an PvE elitist that cry if looses 1 dps on a Dummie. Git Gud.
    Edited by Gabrielzavadski on May 25, 2020 6:42PM
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL DR, Alliance should be Account based, not character based, and Never to be changed unless you buy another account.

Also, no class change. Go and create another niche build or another character.

Glory for the Pact!

Yessssssss!
    I have 18 characters... alliances are all over the place due to races and since I didnt give it much thought in the beginning...

Imo, #remove Any Races Any Alliances upgrade; #Alliance per account (instead of character); #Races locked per Alliance (Imperial race is a exeption), eg: Ebonheart Pact: only Nord, Dunmer, Argonian or Imperial.

If you have the "need" of a certain race for your build, you are a bad player, also probably an PvE elitist that cry if looses 1 dps on a Dummie. Git Gud.

I dont get it, im probably stupid but i really dont see the issue

My characters have different races and alliance because i didnt know i had to strategically plan out 20 characters to play the game and because i like thematic varied characters based around a specific theme

I dont want to constantly switch characters to one alliance or another - i just want them to be aligned to my main characters alliance so i can play with all characters on the same campaign im playing on anyhow

I think your suggestion would really be the best option that the alliance you choose is account bound and for all characters you create...that would solve a lot of issues...
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*** FACEPALM ***

Enlighten me, I dont see how this can be abused - again i am not talking about people being able to change alliance constantly at will to jump to the alliance that is winning, i am saying give people an option to align all characters to ONE campaign ONCE so you can actually play with all characters....
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    I dont want to constantly switch characters to one alliance or another - i just want them to be aligned to my main characters alliance so i can play with all characters on the same campaign im playing on anyhow

I think your suggestion would really be the best option that the alliance you choose is account bound and for all characters you create...that would solve a lot of issues...

IF you had to only once change you "Account Alliance" (all characters the same alliance), on, say, a new Chapter, and never changing it again, would it be cool? good? bad? What do you think?

Imo thats the best thing that can happen in the game on the future, aside from bug fixes and server improvements o.O
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are campaigns that don't have an Alliance lock, yes?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.