The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to improve monster guise

grkkll
grkkll
✭✭✭
So I ran vet Mazzatun to get Chudan head and got the guise. Moved it to my crafter toon and tried to transmute but the guise didn't appear in the list transmutable items. Moved back to original and tried to improve to gold but again it wasn't shown in improveable items. Ran Inventory Insight and its shown as held by 2 toons. I'm wearing it on original toon now so although it's not ideal it works OK. I'll run Mazz again as I really want the Visage but at a loss to know what is happening here. Hopefully my second run won't have a similar outcome
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wait for the team member exchange timer to expire :)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, it will be nerfed considerably once the Greymoor lands, so maybe it is for the best that you saved your mats and transmute stones :)
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    So I ran vet Mazzatun to get Chudan head and got the guise. Moved it to my crafter toon and tried to transmute but the guise didn't appear in the list transmutable items. Moved back to original and tried to improve to gold but again it wasn't shown in improveable items. Ran Inventory Insight and its shown as held by 2 toons. I'm wearing it on original toon now so although it's not ideal it works OK. I'll run Mazz again as I really want the Visage but at a loss to know what is happening here. Hopefully my second run won't have a similar outcome

Dont bother. Just wear Heavy shoulders. Its the same thing.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments

"You have to wait for the team member exchange timer to expire"

Wind up? I've not seen that before

"Dont bother. Just wear Heavy shoulders. Its the same thing."

It's for a Magden PVP wearing 5 light so the extra heavy item is useful

"Just so you know, it will be nerfed considerably once the Greymoor lands, so maybe it is for the best that you saved your mats and transmute stones"

Flippin' meddlars ....wish they'd leave stuff alone. Chudan is critical to my build and Major Resolve effectively gives me an extra skill slot which otherwise would use ice fortress
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Just so you know, it will be nerfed considerably once the Greymoor lands, so maybe it is for the best that you saved your mats and transmute stones"

Flippin' meddlars ....wish they'd leave stuff alone. Chudan is critical to my build and Major Resolve effectively gives me an extra skill slot which otherwise would use ice fortress"

Agreed. I wish they would quit nerfing things and get to work on things like.... THE SERVER CONNECTION. EU as well as NA.

ZoS, I'm perfectly happy spending money on your game. But make an effort, please, to fix the issues!

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it locked?
  • Rybinsk
    Rybinsk
    ✭✭
    Chudan is critical to my build and Major Resolve effectively gives me an extra skill slot which otherwise would use ice fortress

There are some other ways to get Major Resolve into your build: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Major+Resolve
    @rybinsk on PC NA
    GM of [Gomorrah] - EP | PvP | PvE | Crafting | Housing | Social | No fees
    Mother of little Tamriel (9yo and already gaming)
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh but they all result in a loss somewhere else. That's the beauty of using monster sets, you have 2 5 pieces with relevant glyphs, pots to power' crit and survive and resist traps. Chudan gives resilience without any loss...... or should I say it used to
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments

The timer has been there for awhile, maybe a few years, honestly can't keep track of when what was changed where.

You can bind it by wearing it, that'll remove the timer.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments

Flippin' meddlars ....wish they'd leave stuff alone. Chudan is critical to my build and Major Resolve effectively gives me an extra skill slot which otherwise would use ice fortress

Chuddan was not nerfed that bad. Don't listen to them. We lost half the passive armor it gives and some health I think, it's still useful for mag pvp builds as it still provides major resolve and frees up a bar slot. Not as useful but useful. You still might want to consider a build with Zaans though, it is doing really well with warden on the pts.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments

Chuddan was not nerfed that bad. Don't listen to them. We lost half the passive armor it gives and some health I think, it's still useful for mag pvp builds as it still provides major resolve and frees up a bar slot. Not as useful but useful. You still might want to consider a build with Zaans though, it is doing really well with warden on the pts.

I thought OP planned to use 2 separate monster pieces with double armor. If he wants full chudan, then nerf is not so big. Still, it is loss of 1 set bonus. People race change for 1 set bonus, you know.