The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What sets do you use for "Fun"?

Nova_J
Nova_J
✭✭✭✭
Do you guys have any sets/builds you were just to mess around in? Wether it be roleplaying build or a toon that was inspired from something you like.
My fun toon is a mag dark elf vamp, I run Unfathomable Darkness with BSW with the Swarming bat ultimate. The Bats and the crows with the burning wall active looks dope af.
Im curious to see what other people have come up with to derp around in.

[Posted in the wrong section so I moved it here]
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fire/bat/crow combo sounds fun indeed :smiley: (I hope the Greymoor vamp changes don't break your build!)

I have a Nord Stamden for solo stuff, I'm planning on playing through Greymoor on that char. She can do the Harrowstorm dungeons on normal without issues (so she could catch up with Lyris), but since I passed up a lot of damage skills I wouldn't take her into vet content. This char is just for fun.
    aesa.png
    I'm running double 2hander (like a proper Nord since bows are a coward's weapon).
    For ult, I'm using the Warden Bear. And for monster set I use Selene. Bear-mauling-power to the maximum!!! :wink:
    And I 100% refuse to use any other Warden ability. No netch, no flies, no shalk. I don't care how useful they are. The Dunmer can keep their stinking vermin, no bugs for this daughter of Skyrim, you hear me?!
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a nightblade werewolf whose sole purpose was to create as many combat pets as possible. I had the two wolves, morkuldiin floating sword, a hunger, and a daedroth. People get so confused in duels that I kill them while thwy are trying to understand why 5 pets suddenly started attacking them.

Since then I scrapped the build, only for literally every set the build used to get buffed this next patch.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to combine: Night's Silence (Coward's Gear to farm) + Jailbreaker + Ring of the Wild Hunt.

Stealing (Farm) will be very fast.
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    10 pieces of spinners, would be nice if sets actually stacked
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to have a vampire build using Invigorating drain as main spammable for the extremely high ultimate regeneration and soul assault whenever ready (like, every second rotation). I could reach around 28k dps with this, having lots of self healing and good burst dps.
    But Soul assault has been changed, now the vampire skills are changing too, so I don’t expect this kind of ultimate centered build to ever come back.

Another build I am running now is a Templar using Solar Barrage for the +40% Light Attack boost and I use Light attacks as a spammabe and sets like Maw of the Infernal, Queens elegance (not essential, just for the higher LA tooltip :) ), etc.
    The advantage and the reason for this build was: I abhor magicka management.
    With this build I could almost completely disregard magicka regeneration as I only have to use my Dots and then Light attack until they run out.
    Around 32k dps is what I can do spamming light attacks like this and not even having good rotations and I am happy with that. :)

However, I don’t expect this too last much longer either. The planned changes to LA and HA will likely be the end of it.

I don’t know if these builds sound like fun builds to you OP, since I tried to make them usable in group content, but I certainly had fun coming up with them.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    I can't wait to combine: Night's Silence (Coward's Gear to farm) + Jailbreaker + Ring of the Wild Hunt.

Stealing (Farm) will be very fast.

You don't need all of those to reach the speed cap, in fact you can get away with just one of them depending how you build.

This is my stamsorc orc farmer (comfortably at the speed cap), built specifically to run for mats without having to mount:
    7DTx5Uj.jpg
    Edited by Hamish999 on May 25, 2020 6:35AM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova_J wrote: »

Is that how we're supposed to farm forum stars in 2020, @Nova_J ? By posting a topic in the wrong section and then re-posting in the correct one? :p

Stamplar

5x Morkuldin
    5x Essence Thief
    2x Sellistrix

Very fun for a roly-poly Bosmer ...

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mad Tinkerer on one of my sorcs. Every time it knocks an entire trash pack into the air I shout, "STRIKE!"
    PC EU
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My petsorc pure cheese build is fun in BGs:
    ntSDQWB.jpg

You can have 5 pets up at once if you drop Bob the Atro into the mix :disappointed:
    Though I tend to swap out Tinkerer for Plague Doctor for some more survivability these days.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png
    I use it for fun while leveling stam characters.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr Elfbane Overwhelming Surge on my mdk
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdar, overwhelming surge and Thunderbug in my magsorc, with boundless storm, LL, Woe, streak etc etc Boom...
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowrend/Maw of the Internal and Mad Tinkerer. Especially on a pet Sorcerer. I am thinking of adding Coldharbour's Favourite into the mix just for the fun. :)

I also use Selene and (edit: damned automatic corrections) Defiler on my Warden.
    Edited by Watchdog on May 25, 2020 11:55PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm scared of saying anything because I already have 8/9 of my non-meta chars getting a massive nerf one way or another the next patch, so...
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Tinkerer on one of my sorcs. Every time it knocks an entire trash pack into the air I shout, "STRIKE!"

That set is fun to use with Volcanic Rune. You'll have more mobs in the air than on the ground.

I really like the exploding guar from the Coldharbour's Favorite set. He's worthless in PvP because players just run away from it when it spawns, but it's nice to use grinding trash packs as long as you get the first hit in.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is... pretty much the only way I play the game. Character concept always comes first and the sets I use for them are an extension of that. So long as I can solo most world bosses and do some sort of dungeon role good enough, fun and sticking to character is absolutely the priority.

Besides, what self-respecting artificer doesn't explode in gears (aka, livewire set) when they are hit by enemies? And why wouldn't they use spare parts cobbled together from automatons to enhance their natural strength (aka, strength of automaton set)? Plus, no artificer is complete without a trusty mechanical minion (aka, engine guardian set). As an Imperial who used to be in the military, they know a thing or two about holding the line to protect their fellows too (aka, batallion defender set). Considering I've tanked vet DLC dungeons and normal trials on this guy (who is a templar, no less) I see no reason not to let fun and character design take priority. Probably couldn't do vet trials, but I have no interest in that anyway.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nova_J wrote: »

Is that how we're supposed to farm forum stars in 2020, @Nova_J ? By posting a topic in the wrong section and then re-posting in the correct one? :p

Stamplar

5x Morkuldin
    5x Essence Thief
    2x Sellistrix

Very fun for a roly-poly Bosmer ...

Nah, I was wondering why I couldn't see it in gen discussion and it's because I posted it in combat mechanics smh. Lol ik.a little slow sometimes.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going into Cyrodiil with Caluurions and Julianos combined. With the impenetrable meta going strong I don't expect to do much, but that Caluurion proc is always enjoyable to see go off and hit someone over the head.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK