The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

award furnishings for hardcore achievements

RussianAsgard
RussianAsgard
✭✭✭
I would very much like to have the opportunity - to demonstrate the hard achievements I have received, through objects of decor.

such as nodeath + speedran + hardmod in trial and dungeons. master fisher.. etc.

Yes, we have busts, but this only shows the execution of the veteran mode.
In addition, many awards, such as a boat for a master fisher, are very large.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the whole of the playerbase, but most people I know would be against that.
    It would create ultracasual solo fluff items (decor) and lock them behind hardcore group content.

Amongst my guilds, some do vTrials and nodeath DLC runs and such. The vast majority of those players don't care about housing. They have one house max, and sometimes even that one isn't 'decorated' as such, only has a bunch of their trophies dumped all over and has crafting stations and Mundus stones and training dummies thrown around the courtyard.

On the other hand, from casual players that have dozens of houses and only play to do stories and craft furniture for their decoration gameplay, many of them don't even have a geared character that can clear vDLC dungeons, nevermind vTrials with HM. And even if they do, that's not the gameplay they enjoy.

I'm always a firm advocate for matching rewards to gameplay. Do we want to reward casual cosmetics? Make them obtainable by the casual playerbase. Do we want to award something to the most hardcore PvE players? Give them something that hardcore PvE players would find useful (like guaranteed gold jewelry or a full setbox for the achievement). :smile: That way the reward is tailored to its target demographic, and the reward also matches its manner of acquisition.

That said, there were actually vTrial HM statues from SS on the Elsweyr achievement vendor.