The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skill Input Delay: Hardware, software, or network issues?

kapachia
kapachia
✭✭✭
It is very frustrating to pounding your keyboard and your skill does not trigger. It is absolutely worse in Cyrodiil, but still happens PvE zones.

Is this server hardware issues? Does ZOS have to scale up in their hardware structure?

Is this software issues? Is it just a poor underlying software programing? Does ZOS have to migrate to more robust software platform?

Is this network issues? Yes, lagging amplify this problem.

All these performance enhancements implemented over past year seems to make no difference. If anything, it is getting worse.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is your PC most probably or internet provider. Maybe router or add-ons.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You pushed my button and I am triggered. Expect to feel the impact once it is allowed to go through. You might need to try again.

;)
    Edited by Dojohoda on May 24, 2020 9:04PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

You pushed my button and I am triggered. Expect to feel the impact once it is allowed to go through. You might need to try again.

;)

I am trying, but game tells me that account is already logged in :disappointed:
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know for sure it's not the servers, they say "There’s been strain on the servers, but they are holding up well – a testament to the team and the hard work they’ve done over the past year on performance and stability."

Yes, they really do claim this in official press releases.
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭

I KNEW it!

It is not Add-ons since it happens with all add-ons disabled. I am sure, my i9 and 2080GTX are should be more than above average PC setup.

Damn, Spectrum Internet. I knew my 400Mbps/20Mbps connection just wont cut for playing ESO. Need that fiber-optic connection. Too bad it is not available here.

• kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    As a side note. My Corsair keycaps were coming off from that pounding keyboard in frustration. Changed to Corsair PBT double-shot keycaps. They are wonderful. Keycaps are not coming off even if I pound on them. They look awesome in white also.
    Edited by kapachia on May 24, 2020 9:26PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapachia wrote: »
    As a side note. My Corsair keycaps were coming off from that pounding keyboard in frustration. Changed to Corsair PBT double-shot keycaps. They are wonderful. Keycaps are not coming off even if I pound on them. They look awesome in white also.

I managed to screw wheel mid-button on new simple and durable Razer mouse when I tried to roll-dodge. I remaped roll-dodge on keyboard, but mid-button is not working properly anymore even in other applications :(
    I was using exactly the same mouse for 7 years before buying new, so I'm sure it is durable.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not you, it's a ZOS problem.

From the client-side code to the server it's a complete mess. They even use connections that are heavily de-prioritized by virtually every ISP on the planet.

There is little you can do to alleviate server-side lag, and it doesn't matter what your hardware is or how fast your PC is.

IMO they should be tackling the network issues as their #1 concern instead of pushing the cashgrab that is Greymoor. But hey, it's a good idea to attract new players and show your game at it's worst right?

Worst balance, worse performance, worst communication, worst sentiment, worst decision-making, worst-all around, and they completely ignore it and think it's a smart business decision.

It's a shame because this time it may really destroy the game. Players in 2020 are unhappy like never before...
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game client is not the most optimized. If you're running anything under recommended specs, you're in for trouble.

I'm not running it on a toaster, and I'm not seeing all this horrible stuff.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mavfin wrote: »
    This game client is not the most optimized. If you're running anything under recommended specs, you're in for trouble.

I'm not running it on a toaster, and I'm not seeing all this horrible stuff.

It depends on the content you're playing. I experience what OP describes on xbox, and on my non-toaster pc. Mostly in Cyrodiil and often in Battlegrounds. Frequently in trials (especially sunspire) and vet dlc dungeons, maelstrom arena can be particularly bad. Occasionally overland the infamous stamina drain bug will strike or just the character will become unresponsive for 2-3 seconds. Will refuse to barswap then suddenly unleash a series of random barswap and skills I pressed a few seconds ago 😂. Housing and perusing the crown store are perfect though.
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    I have a fairly decent PC (listed in signature) and a 500 Mb ISP service (general average ping is 40-50).. I have the same issues and they have been consistently bad since earlier this year. It is neither my system nor my internet service. Hmmm, what’s left? What could it be ...
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB