The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would an armor set and jewelry set traits conflict

barigood54_ESO
I want to use two sets that both have the trait that reduces damage from trial bosses by x%. Do they cancel down to only one reduction or would it be stacked?? I have been told they dont but I dont see why they would not stack
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a set gives you a named buff, you can't get the same buff again. So if the set only says that "reduces your damage taken by 5%" and doesn't have a unique name it can stack with similar bonuses. But if it gives you "Minor Aegis" which also reduces your damage taken by 5%, you can't get that buff twice. This is for balance purposes, you can't stack multiple of named buffs.

Examples:
    You gain Major Sorcery from potion, and also from the Sorcerer skill Surge. You only benefit from one.

Same for minor buffs.

But you can stack minor + major of the same buff.
    Edited by MrBrownstone on May 24, 2020 2:04AM
  • barigood54_ESO
    Wow, that's great!! So yes, two 5 piece sets, each set has the attribute #3 that gives 5% reduction on dungeon, trial, and arena monster damage, etc, e.g. false gods and Olorime's, etc. Just to confirm, that means we get 10% total damage reduction? Thank you so much for your help! :)
  • barigood54_ESO
    That was a bad example of sets since they do have the named buffs. Take Buffer of the Swift and Potentates...they both state specific percentages, no named buffs. So I assume from what you said, those would combine the percentages. Awesome!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's great!! So yes, two 5 piece sets, each set has the attribute #3 that gives 5% reduction on dungeon, trial, and arena monster damage, etc, e.g. false gods and Olorime's, etc. Just to confirm, that means we get 10% total damage reduction? Thank you so much for your help! :)

Olorime and False God are different buffs. Olorime is Minor Aegis, which reduces damage taken. False God is Minor Slayer, which increases damage done. Those stack because Minor Aegis and Minor Slayer are different named buffs. But something like False God and Siroria sets both give Minor Slayer and those do not stack.

Buffer of the Swift and Blessing of the Potentates do not give named buffs, so those should stack.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If something says 'minor' or 'major' before it, they CANNOT stack with the same buff.

So two 'minor slayer' will not stack. But 'minor slayer' and 'major slayer' do.

So two sets with 'minor aegis' is a waste.

Same with buffs from skills. You can't stack two lots of 'major sorcery' to get 40% more spell damage. It will remain as 20% even with two sources.