Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

allow us to receive crowns from other players

kratier
kratier
✭✭✭✭
right now the crown market is basically only active items you can trade gold for,
maybe ESO itself, or ESO plus allow us to exchange gold for crowns ?
or have an ingame market where we can list items for gold

• TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    right now the crown market is basically only active items you can trade gold for,
    maybe ESO itself, or ESO plus allow us to exchange gold for crowns ?
    or have an ingame market where we can list items for gold

Yep.

ZOS has already made it fairly clear they are OK with selling crowns for gold and vice versa as there are many people who openly offer such in chat and there are stores that deal with it explicitly.

They might as well add an NPC in the banks that sells crowns for gold and vice versa sells gold for crowns.

This would be very much in line with current MMORPG trends, such as WOW tokens. ESO already has this selling of crowns actively happening, they might as well internalize the system and control it. It would stop crown sale scams and help ease their workload dealing with those tickets as well.

I would actually find this slightly more immersive as well having the in game currency (gold) being transferable to crowns, which are in effect another type of game currency. Right now as a completely separate credit card transaction or going out of game to "buy" crowns with gold from a third party immersive it is certainly not.

They could even set it up like a guild trader. The price for crowns would be dynamic and when someone posts crowns for sale they are told the current gold/crown price they must accept. If they agree they post their crowns for sale. All buyers are shown the current gold/crown price

As a final thing if I was ZOS I would also take a 5% crown auction premium from the gold side of things. So if a crown seller sells crowns for 150 gold per a crown the buyer would be paying 165 gold per a crown, with 15 gold being the auction fee and 150 gold going to the seller. There would always be that slight loss so that people cannot just flip back and forth and play market swings in crown prices to make a profit.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I wish ZOS had designed a proper interface for gifting and trading crowns.

We all warned them it was needed when they introduced gifting, they didn't do it, and now we're left with this mess of middle-men and non-giftable items.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Alienslof on the wicker horse thread also mentioned that another game he played had rune boxes you could buy on the game store that could then be listed for sale in game. That is also an excellent option. Any item in the crown store could be bought as a trade-able item that would bind upon use.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK about crowns for gold, that's uncomfortable to me. Something something slippery slope though, yes, WoW does offer similar.

Gold for crowns? Sure. Could always use more gold sinks (not sarcasm). Let us buy them from an in-world Pacrooti.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Adriius
    Adriius
    It would be pretty cool if they at least allowed us to earn crowns say for ESO+ subscriber type dailies or something. I'm grateful for the Crowns that come w/the sub, don't get me wrong. It would be neat tho if rethinking this...maybe instead of dailies it was in conjuction w/in game Holidays or something. Maybe dailies is too much as we already get them w/our sub, but some additional way to earn Crowns for ESO+ members would be cool, given the cost of items on the store and yeah, be allowed to gift them to others.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they should do it like GW2 do.

They have a (variable, according to demand) currency exchange and take a very small cut each time someone trades.

It's safe and effective.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Adriius wrote: »
    It would be pretty cool if they at least allowed us to earn crowns say for ESO+ subscriber type dailies or something.

I can understand them not adding that but I REALLY wish we could gem out the potions, poisons, food, and scrolls we do not need/want that we get from the daily rewards. It does not have to be much, even a single gem from the daily reward so that you can get rid of it without simply destroying it and not take up the bank/bag space just carrying it around.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    So if a crown seller sells crowns for 150 gold per a crown

I like those priced though. Doubt they'll be so low though, since a crown is being sold 350:1
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Yeah, they should do it like GW2 do.

They have a (variable, according to demand) currency exchange and take a very small cut each time someone trades.

It's safe and effective.

The engine probably can't handle it or something.