The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Still the Best PvP around

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For Xbox choices; PvP in ESO - even with all issues - still has the best PvP experience.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup...

And BGs are the best form of PvP in ESO.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it actually worked it would have no competition at all
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eh not so much as a NB anymore. If that does not apply to you (or if you are open to playing other classes), then I'd probably agree.

Sea of Thieves has some really fun PvP, but a totally different game nonetheless.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best turn based PvP game experience .
    Edited by Sarousse on May 20, 2020 10:00PM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even play with my friends in BGs...

Best PvP combat when it is working for sure. But in terms of 'veteran' or 'endgame' content for a serious PvPer, it is significantly worse in what it offers than, say, WoW. But man, the combat is so much better...
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Yup...

And BGs are the best form of PvP in ESO.

I agree, the best simulator of combat scenarios between builds.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering consoles isn't the place for MMOs that's a very low bar you're setting.

MMO PvP for PC is a much more competetive genre and ESO doesn't even scratch the surface it's so awful. Ignoring all the faults with horrendous balance and unrepresentative classes and poor communication with the community. Ignoring all the failings other games have...

At least you can actually play those other games. It is 11am for me. I'm already dealing with 30-60second load screens, horrendous lag, desync, etc in Cyrodiil. And I can't even do BGs with my friends.
    Edited by Atherakhia on May 21, 2020 3:02PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could fix performance yes definitely a great PVP experience. This game would be an instant cult classic! But they refuse to deal with PVP related issues.

AOE healing is the main culprit behind the balling up and lagging. AOE healing needs to be group based. Groups limits should be 12 like the rest of the game. AOE needs to be reduced because it simply outperforms single target in PVP by leaps and bounds even with major evasion up it hits crazy hard.

Stacking should always put you at a disadvantage period. People need to spread out if they do the games performance would be 10X better.

Running 4-8 people in a group is much more enjoyable then 12 to 24 on so many levels. 8 people can do everything a 24 man can do maybe not as quick. 8 people can kill just as many as 24 with the right build. One thing that 8 cant do is lag everyone out like 24 can thus killing them in that manner.

Last night on lower populated server a red battle group entered our server. Within 10 minutes of them playing they created an 50% increase in latency. From 100 to 150 many of our abilities started to lag in the keep battle. Keep in mind they came into a server that is dominated by groups of 2 to 8 on most nights with no lag. (2 bars across) So yea with 24 they took about 4 keeps before they left. We killed more of them then they did us. But my problems is the lag they brought .....

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG's can be great

but Cyrodil? nah man...cyrodil lag is as meme worthy as anthem. I have a blast in bg's. In cyrodil I just get so angry because I feel like I have no control over what my character is doing....and the feeling of powerlessness is infuriating (why road rage is so common)
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Xbox choices; PvP in ESO - even with all issues - still has the best PvP experience.

Well that's sad
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been PVPing in MMO's since 2004. Even compared to SWG and DAoC, I prefer ESO's PVP and combat more than everything else, including BDO, AoC, and all of the other "action" combat MMO's.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100% on PS4 the 7day campaign is where it’s at. Prime time of course.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I had made this thread was because I had been playing several Xbox MMOs and while the PvE experiences were unique and sometimes superior to ESO; the PvP was horrid.

The writing in ESO is phenomenal, the difficulty just isn't there for non-dlc dungeon content. The PvP is what I play ESO for alone now.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed to see the thread and no better PVP mentioned yet. Its like "FPS, Battle royal, or GTFO with your PvP "

Could they do a fantasy, updated version of planetside?
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I checked on it tonight and it is still the best